Search Constraints

You searched for: Topical Subjects Methodist church buildings--West Virginia. Remove constraint Topical Subjects: Methodist church buildings--West Virginia.
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

Located on the corner of 3rd Avenue and Ballengee Street, a group of church members pose in front of the building and on the steps. The reverend at the time the picture was taken was Rev. Gates. Subjects unidentified.
The two churches of different denominations stand next to each other on a hill above a covered bridge. West Warren Baptist is on the left, Wadestown Methodist is in the middle, and in the lower right of the image is the covered bridge.
Looking at the church from the dirt parking lot across the road.
A crowd exits the church, pictured on the left. Cars are parked beside the post office building on the right.
The church building was erected in the early 1900's after years of holding services in a school house. The organization was likely established in the 1850's.
The Oakland Methodist church is probably the oldest continuous rural congregation in Morgan County. It was officially established in 1824.
The church is located in or near Arnettsville.  The church was first built as a log meeting house and a Methodist Episcopal preacher ministered at the second church built in 1846.  The M.E. South Church was organized at Sniders Temple in 1867.  After the Civil War the Snider family gave land to the Northern Methodists for the church in Arnettsville. In 1902 the new church was dedicated.
The southern Methodist church was organized in 1858.
The church was organized in 1845. The current building was built in 1860-66.  The church is "situated along the Little Kanawha River, ten miles west Glenville, on State Route 5.  Gilmer County - Dekalb District."
The church was organized in 1847. It is located 2 miles from Big Wheeling Creek at Sand Hill.
The church was established in 1835.
New Bethel Methodist Church was organized between 1784 and 1786.  The church burned in 1942.  The church then met in the community hall until August 1948. Money was raised and the present stone church was dedicated in 1948.
The church was organized in 1857.
The church was established in 1849 in the industrial part of town once known as Ritchietown. There were no paved streets or walks and kerosene lamps were used for lighting. The church was 14 years old when West Virginia became a state.
The church was organized in 1856.  In 1885 the Ohio River Railroad was built in front of the church causing so much noise that the congregation had the building moved by the railroad company to its present location.
The church was organized in 1800.
The church was organized in 1800.
The church was organized in 1800.
The church was established in 1835.
Mt. Pisgah was founded in 1817.The current building was built in 1891.
The church was organized prior to West Virginia becoming a state in 1821 in what was then known as Williamsport, Virginia.
The chapel was built in what was then Williamsport, Virginia, twenty years before West Virginia became a state. The building served as a Methodist Protestant church until the Union of Methodist Churches in 1939. In 1947, the church and its grounds were sold to the Industrial School and was designated the school's institutional chapel.
The church was founded in 1829
Hedding Chapel Methodist Church was organized in 1856. The present building was dedicated in August 1893.On the back of the image, a caption reads: "This picture was taken in about 1912 -- 15  years before route 19 was graded through church [lot].  To Ruth Alkire Smith, from your Sunday School Teacher, Helen Sprigg. Christmas, 1956."
The 'New Church' was built after members of the methodist church using the old stone church were unable to find a deed for the old stone church and when they decided to build a new building. The New Methodist Church was dedicated in 1919.
View of the church building from across the street, looking at the intricate stained-glass window work.
A group of spectators watch as Parker re-enacts the circuit rider next to the First Methodist Church building located on the corner of Ballengee Street and Third Avenue.
The church was organized in 1817 and rebuilt in 1953
The church is located near Weston on Smith's Run. It was organized in 1832. The present building was built in 1852.
The church was organized in 1834.
Looking at the building entrance from the parking lot.
The church was founded in 1855.
The church was organized in 1823.
The church was organized in 1831.
The church was founded and built in 1858. There is no record of a Methodist church in Elizabeth, W. Va. before 1858.
The church was organized in 1848.
The church was organized 1844.
The church was organized in 1829.
The church was organized in 1856.
The church is located south of Bula, W. Va.  It was organized in 1847 and the building was built in 1870.  The present church was erected in 1893.
The congregation which later became the present Methodist church first met at the Hinkle Church in 1856.  The present church was built in 1891.
The congregation existed as early as 1787.
The church was organized around 1775
The church, originally Waugh Chapel, was organized in the early 1800s, though the current building was built in 1869.
The church was organized in 1851.