Search Constraints

You searched for: Topical Subjects Methodist church buildings--West Virginia. Remove constraint Topical Subjects: Methodist church buildings--West Virginia. Topical Subjects Counties--Summers. Remove constraint Topical Subjects: Counties--Summers.
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

Located on the corner of 3rd Avenue and Ballengee Street, a group of church members pose in front of the building and on the steps. The reverend at the time the picture was taken was Rev. Gates. Subjects unidentified.
Looking at the church from the dirt parking lot across the road.
A crowd exits the church, pictured on the left. Cars are parked beside the post office building on the right.
View of the church building from across the street, looking at the intricate stained-glass window work.
A group of spectators watch as Parker re-enacts the circuit rider next to the First Methodist Church building located on the corner of Ballengee Street and Third Avenue.
Looking at the building entrance from the parking lot.
The church was organized in 1850. This building was erected in 1900 about three miles from Talcott, W. Va.
The exact date of the church's organization is unknown, but it was organized before the Civil War.  The church building is no longer used regularly, but is maintained and used for events and funerals.
The church was organized before the civil war, though the exact date is unknown. During its history, the building was used for many years by justices of the peace to hold their courts and by public speakers for political meetings. The church also has one of the oldest grave yards in the county where many of the pioneer settlers are buried.
The church was founded in 1853. The present church was built in 1883.
Colored drawing depicting the church building and grounds. Published by Beckley News Co. of Beckley, W. Va.
Writing on back of photo reads, "First church in Forest Hill district was Forest Hill Methodist Church. Erected on this site was a one room log structure used until 1860. This picture presents Forest Hill Methodist Church but on the same site as log church."