Search Constraints

You searched for: Projects West Virginia History OnView Remove constraint Projects: West Virginia History OnView Topical Subjects West Virginia--Centennial celebrations, etc. Remove constraint Topical Subjects: West Virginia--Centennial celebrations, etc.
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

Nurses show the first babies born in 1963, West Virginia's Centennial Year.
'Charleston, West Virginia--$100 ham and bacon will be served at the Pioneer Breakfast on Statehood Day, June 20th, at the Rose City Cafeteria on Lee Street in Charleston. The State of West Virginia will be 100 years old on June 20th and the Centennial Commission hopes all citizens sharing the same birth date will join in the festivities planned for the breakfast. A full course breakfast will be served from 7 til 9 a.m. and there will be entertainment and prizes for the guests. Committee in charge includes, reading left to right, Bob Phillips and Juanita McCollam, co-chairmen of the event; Adj. General Gene Hall Williams and Grover Waybright, Jr. Both Mrs. McCollam and Adj. General Williams celebrate their birthdays on June 20th. Reservations may be made, or tickets for $1.00 purchased, from the Centennial Commission, 1608 Kanawha Boulevard, E. Charleston, West Virginia.'
Reproduction of a postage stamp from the 1960s, from West Virginia.
Parade participants dressed in old fashioned clothing assemble in the street. A man holds a sign reading, "Employees." Subjects unidentified.
People dressed in old fashioned clothing are pulled down the street in a wagon by two horses. Signs on the cart read, "Health", "Home Improvement", and "Education." Subjects unidentified.
Four unidentified men wearing old-fashioned suits and full beards dance in the street while spectators watch from the sidewalks.
Parade participants dressed in old-fashioned clothing sit on top of a wagon. Attached is a sign that reads, "How Firm a Foundation." Behind the cart, a Boy Scout troop is pictured with an American flag. Subjects unidentified.
A young boy and girl pose in front of two older women in the middle of the street. They are dressed in old-fashioned attire to reflect the style of 1863. Spectators watch from the sidewalks. Subjects unidentified.
Pleasant Creek Methodist Church was organized in 1800 when Mr. land was donated land for the building.  The church was later rebuilt several times until the current structure was completed in 1903
Little Bethel Missionary Baptist Church was organized in 1803.
Little Bethel Missionary Baptist Church was organized in 1803.
This church was organized in 1850.  The present church was built in 1883.
Mt. Zion was organized in 1835. This church was built in 1838.
This building on West King Street of Martinsburg "is the second building on this same plot of land; this building was built in 1913 -- the educational building seen on the rear of the church edifice was built in 1925. The stone building seen in the right of the photo was purchased in 1925 by the church.  This stone building has been here for many years and has a long history of use by many businesses."
This Friends (or Quakers) church was built in approximately 1796
This Episcopal Church was organized in 1853
The Methodist Episcopal church was organized between 1841 and 1847
The Gerardstown Presbyterian Church was organized in 1783.
This church was founded by Scotch-Irish Presbyterians in 1740.
The Greensburg Evangelical United Brethren Church was founded in 1850.
Mt. Zion Episcopal was organized in 1817-1818. It was previously called Hedges Chapel.
St. Mark's was organized in 1844, but was previously known as First M.E. Church.
The episcopal church was founded in 1843
Martinsburg First Presbyterian Church was founded in 1824. The current building was dedicated in 1903.
The Christ Reformed Church (or United Church of Christ) was organized in 1775.
Calvary Church was founded in 1778. The present church sanctuary was built after the war in 1868
The Catholic church was organized in 1850 and dedicated in 1860
The Tuscarora Presbyterian church, on the Tuscarora Creek near Martinsburg, began before 1760.
The church was originally built and dedicated in 1782 in honor of Henry Payne, Sr. and his wife.  The current chapel was built in 1902.
The Methodist Church in Rocky Marsh was organized in 1844. The current building was dedicated in 1938.
The church in Spring Mills was founded originally by Irish immigrants in 1745 in Falling Waters.  In 1800 the community moved and built a new church.
The church was organized in 1817 and rebuilt in 1953
The Disciples of Christ church was founded in 1829.A caption for the image reads: "When enough members of the Restoration Movement lived near Bethany, a new church was formed.  The original stone building, erected after 1829, was later replaced by this brick structure in 1849-1952. A. Campbell was the preaching elder."
The church was organized in 1831
The church was founded in 1798. The name of 'tent' originated from an early temporary building used for the church.
The Roman Catholic church was founded in 1854
The church began as a Baptist church in 1815, but was reorganized as a Christian, Disciples of Christ, church in 1823.  It's the oldest Disciples of Christ church in the Campbell movement.
The church was founded in 1839. The present church was built in 1886 and renovated in 1953.
The church was organized in 1785 and is the oldest church in the Northern Panhandle of West Virginia.
The church was founded in 1834 and the first building was a log cabin.  A second church was built in 1854, but was destroyed by a storm in 1902.  The present church building was dedicated in 1904.