Search Constraints

You searched for: Projects West Virginia History OnView Remove constraint Projects: West Virginia History OnView Topical Subjects Methodist church buildings--West Virginia--Monongalia County. Remove constraint Topical Subjects: Methodist church buildings--West Virginia--Monongalia County.
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

Established 1860.
'Church is located on state Route 73 between Morgantown and Fairmont.'
The church cemetery includes several graves with the names and dates from the period of the Irons Works operations.
The church was first organized in 1854, this building was be dedicated in 1963.
The church was organized in 1824.  The first building was destroyed by fire in 1826-1827. The present church was dedicated in 1828.
The old church was built in 1808 in Cassville which was then called Clarksville, and the present church was built in 1889-1890.
The church was constructed in 1858, called Westfall Chapel, and dedicated in 1859.  In 1908 the church dedicated and named The Maidsville Methodist Protestant Church.  It is now known as just the Maidsville Methodist Church.  The church is still in the original building.
The church was organized in an old log school house in 1818.  The present building was built in 1858.
Brookhaven church (formerly called the Rock Forge Methodist Church) was organized in 1871.  The name changed from Rock forge to Brookhaven in 1961.
The church was organized in 1849.  The white sanctuary was built in 1850, in 1923 an extension was added, and in the 1950s an educational building was constructed.
The Methodist Protestant church was organized in 1830 in Morgantown.  The original church building was destroyed by fire, and eventually the church moved to it's current location on Spruce street.
The church has been located in several different sites and buildings.  The church was organized in the 1840s.  The church was moved to the present location in 1904.
The church was organized as a non-denominational church in 1858 and it was located on what is now known as the Mile Ground.  Any preacher could use the church, but the regular ministers were from the Methodist Episcopal Church.  The church was also used as a school until 1868.
The church is located on Little Indian Creek.  There have been three buildings for the church.  The first church was built in 1800.  The current church building was built and dedicated in 1901 and it was named for the Lynch family.
The church was first organized in 1893.  It was originally a Southern Methodist Church.