Search Constraints

You searched for: Projects West Virginia History OnView Remove constraint Projects: West Virginia History OnView Topical Subjects Homes. Remove constraint Topical Subjects: Homes.
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

View of Ward family home in Charleston. 'Our home from 1882 to 1913.'
View of the Willis Home, 'Belleflevin' in Coalburgh. Edith and Will Edwards sitting on steps.'
African-American man and woman stand outside of Booker T. Washington's house in Malden, W. Va.
Five unidentified  people on the porch of P. W. Atkinson's residence.
'From Ruth Thomas porch to their swimming pool. The little house is the dressing rooms.'
A photograph of a home in a heavily wooded area.
A photograph of an unidentified West Virginia farm with a main house in the center and three buildings surrounding the property. 'Please credit F.S.A; Farm Security Administration'
A photograph of a group of people gathered outside an unidentified barn and house.
A photograph from the street of two homes, with people sitting on stairs in front.
The house is built on the lot where John Brown was executed in 1859/12
Also known as the Tiffin House, once the home of Dr. Edward Tiffin, the first governor of Ohio, 1803.
The floor of this porch was an immense flat piece of lime stone, the house was torn down in 1929.
The house was built by Thornton, son of Colonel Samuel Washington of Harewood,
The man standing in front of the house is possibly John Thomas Gibson
Pictured on the front porch: Judge and Mrs. Collins of Columbus, Ohio; John and Mrs. Mack of Sandusky, Ohio; Mr. and Mrs. Frank Stockton; and Col. Henry Davenport of Altona, Jefferson County, W. Va.;
Home of Samuel Washington, younger brother of George Washington.
Past home of Mrs. Augustine J. Todd
Washington's office and bedroom on the Fairfax estate, Greenway Court in Clarke County, Va.
House sits opposite the Avis House
Sold to the county for property for the high school
Located on Laurence Street
Home of Captain Henry Bedinger and built in ca.1784 after his marriage to Rachel Strode of "Pastranga".
House of John Packette during the Civil War, the structure was in the thick of a battle between the armies of Confederate General Jubal Early and Federal General Philip Sheridan, 1864/08/21, as seen by the several holes in its exterior from shot and shells.
Home of William B. Packette Jr.
House built in 1793, addition built 1830
House sat opposite the "White House" and burned down in 1930
An old wooden house with chimney.
Three story house with a two and a one story additions.
Queen Anne style house built by John Thomas Gibson ca.1892
The photograph features the turret in front of the house.
The "Crazy House" was built by a former mayor of Harpers Ferry in 1914. His hobby was collecting "old relics", which he placed inside walls of the house during construction. Such items as old china plates and bullets can be seen encased in the structure. The builder also made an impression of a coffin in the front sidewalk and wrote above it, "Remains of Old Worry", making the property an popular tourist attraction. Refer to A&M 454, Box 25; Folder 11 for more information.
Post card photograph of the room in Harewood, where Dolley Payne Todd married James Madison, 1793. Over the mantel is a portrait of Colonel Samuel Washington, brother of George Washington.
Built in 1763 on the Sulphur Spring Rd. south of Martinsburg, Virginia (West Virginia) and burned down in 1922. George Washington recorded in his journal his visit to "Pastrauga" on his way to Bath.
Title of photograph is "Our Parlor". The original is displayed in Frances Packette Todd's photograph album.
Mansion of John Hite, built in 1753 and situated about nine miles south of Winchester, Virginia
John Hite Mansion, built in 1753. Partially hidden by the large willows on the right are the stone walls of the old home built ca. 1735, by John's father, Jost Hite.
The home of George and Kay Evans, built in the late 18th century and is situated near Brandonville, Preston County, West Virginia.
House owned at one time by David Hunter Strother, "Porte Crayon", 1851-1852.
Post card print addressed to Mrs. M. L. Haldeman from Mrs. E. M. Dille.
Old stone house owned by Michael Kerns in 1772. Holes were built into the house to watch for attacking Indians. The house was located beneath the South High Street Bridge.