Search Constraints

You searched for: Projects West Virginia History OnView Remove constraint Projects: West Virginia History OnView Topical Subjects Dwellings--West Virginia--Morgantown. Remove constraint Topical Subjects: Dwellings--West Virginia--Morgantown.
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

'Dr. Fielding Yost and wife Malanda Ann Yost lived in this house in Morgantown, W. Va.  This is on Main St.  They put three sons through college to be Dr.'s.  Copied from back of picture owned by Lewis Stemple, loaned to Dr. Core for Copying - written Mar. 1978; Is this on the west side of High Street or corner of Wall Street?  Marion Tapp thinks it is the Franks Home, S. W. corner of Fayette St. and University Ave.  She lived near there as a child.  A double home is on the site of the Morgantown plat of 1921.'
On S. E. Corner of Spruce and Pleasant Street.
'C and P telephone office now on this site.'
Possibly a house located on Dorsey Ave.in Morgantown. Family members not identified.
'I. C. White grounds and family. Present library building stands here.  From Mrs. J. Lewis Williams. Mechanical Hall II building in the background.  Later burned on June 13, 1956.'
The Old Stone House was built by Jacob Nuze and sold to tavern keeper Henry Dering in 1795. Potters John Thompson and Jacob Foulk owned the structure from 1800 until 1813 when it was brought by Joseph Shackleford who operated a tanyard on the property for 50 years. Shackleford was also a minister and led the first Methodist reform movement in the area.
Listrava Avenue, 5 room houses.
Now the site of the West Virginia University agricultural farm.  People seated outside the brick home of Jerome Meeks.
Possibly the home of Eugene Mathers.
Unidentified woman stands in the doorway with two children sitting on the stoop. Note Beechurst Avenue was still unpaved.
Caption with photograph: "No one knows Of Bounaparte Allsupe. He appeared at Uffington near Morgantown, W. Va. years ago and got possession of the island just above Uffington which is still locally known as "Allsupe Island" . . . He got into a quarrel with a neighbor and shot him.  He served a only few years of a 12 year sentence. He gave his lawyer the island and when he was released he was a mental wreck. He built a "lean to" against a rock and has since lived there."
The Watts House on the southeast corner of High Street and Bumbo Lane (Fayette Street.) On the opposite side of the street is the Kiger House (Morrison's Store site,) Second National Bank (now F&M,) and John's property (Morgantown Theatre site.)
This house was torn down to make room for two parking lots. It was located on Spruce Street.
Side view of Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity house.
'Mountaineer Stadium taken from Sunnyside'
Front view of Gamma Phi Beta house.
View of front porch of Phi Kappa Psi building.
Kappa Kappa Gamma Sorority, Alpha Xi Delta on left, Alpha Delta Pi on right, currently Alpha Omicron Phi house- 2007.
Potential members of the fraternity clean the truck and the members watch.
Where the road splits at University Avenue and Falling Run Road.
'Firemen in a residence extinguishing a fire'. Decorations imply it was Christmas time at the time of fire.
Wilson Avenue on a snowy winter day. 'This is Wilson Avenue identified by David Farmer. He lives a couple of streets up from this one.'
A view of an unidentified street in Morgantown, West Virginia.
Flintstone characters used for decoration.
The Delta Delta Delta sorority decorates its house for Mountaineer Weekend.
'Building that was torn down to build the Pleasant St. Parking Lot.'
A man is walking on the sidewalk of Falling Run Road in Morgantown, West Virginia.
Two men use a large vacuum device to clear leaves on the streets of Morgantown.
A car is driving down South Walnut Street in Morgantown, West Virginia.
The old Mountainlair is on the left and the "Writing Lab" or Olgebay Annex is on the right.
"Beat the Pants Off the Cavaliers", a fraternity house raises the spirit by decorating the house.
Monongalia County Building and Loan Association.  District: Second Ward.  From Whom Acquired: Stalnaker, Elizabeth.  Address of Property: 50 Wade Street.  Description: Lot 7 Bk 5 - 41.5' Wade Street.  Improvements: Dwelling, six rooms and bath, frame construction, composition roof.
Monongalia County Business and Loan Association.  District:  Second Ward.  From Whom Acquired:  Emerson, Clark.  Address of Property:  604 Elmina Street.  Description:  Lot 5 Bk 3 Homeside.  Improvements:  Dwelling, five rooms, bath, frame construction, composition roof.
Monongalia County Building and Loan Association.  District: Fifth Ward.  From Whom Acquired: Willis, D.M.  Address of Property: 513 Locust Avenue.  Description: Lot 14 Bk C East End Addition 35 x 75'.  Improvements: Dwelling, six rooms and bath, frame construction, slate roof.