Search Constraints

You searched for: Projects West Virginia History OnView Remove constraint Projects: West Virginia History OnView Topical Subjects Dwellings--West Virginia--Morgantown. Remove constraint Topical Subjects: Dwellings--West Virginia--Morgantown.
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

View of water rushing over dam.
Lawrence Jackson with a cigarette, standing in front of several neighborhood houses. Information with the photograph includes "Courtesy of Bobbie Drew Ward".
The house was located opposite St. Paul's African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church. This church was replaced with the Mt. Herman Baptsit Church in 1991 after it was torn down. All persons in the photo are unidentified. Information on p. 131, 163 in "Our Monongalia" by Connie Park Rice. Information with the photograph includes "Courtesy of Jack Ward Jr.".
John Edwards ran the first water service in Morgantown. He married Sarah Jackson in 1865 and bought the land that he built his house on in 1877. It was originally 79 White Avenue. It is now 477 White Avenue. The house was demolished in 1989. Information on p. 35 in "Our Monongalia" by Connie Park Rice. Information with the photograph includes "Courtesy of Gwendolyn Edwards".
John Hunt was an African American businessman who operated several resorts, hotels and eateries in Morgantown. He was one of the African American businessmen who became wealthy from enterprises in the service industry. The house was located between Colson Hall and Purinton House on West Virginia University's downtown campus. Information on p. 40,99, in "Our Monongalia" by Connie Park Rice. Information with the photograph includes "Reproduced from the John H. Hunt family photos, held by WVU Women's Centenary Project, Center for Women's Study Archive. Original Loaned by Virginia Hunt Chandler.
Split stone home built of stone from an old flouring mill and dam. The home is located on Stewartstown Road in Morgantown in Monongalia County, West Virginia.
This split stone home was built with stone from an old flouring mill and dam in the Suncrest area of Morgantown, Monongalia County, West Virginia.
Home of first United States Senator of West Virginia, Waitman T. Willey.
The Old Stone House was built by Jacob Nuze and sold to tavern keeper Henry Dering in 1795. Potters John Thompson and Jacob Foulk owned the structure from 1800 until 1813 when it was brought by Joseph Shackleford who operated a tanyard on the property for 50 years. Shackleford was also a minister and led the first Methodist reform movement in the area.
Home of early and widely known physician of Morgantown for more than a half century. McLane built the house in 1840 on the southwest corner of High and Kirk Streets and resided there until his death in 1878.