Search Constraints

You searched for: Projects West Virginia History OnView Remove constraint Projects: West Virginia History OnView Topical Subjects College campuses--West Virginia--Morgantown. Remove constraint Topical Subjects: College campuses--West Virginia--Morgantown.
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

This old sycamore is the monarch of the campus. It stands directly in front of Commencement Hall.
Now called Stansbury Hall.
View of Basketball Hall, 'The Ark', West Virginia University, completed on November 4, 1916 and other downtown campus buildings and the Monongahela River in the background.  Steel bridge over the Monongahela river in the background.
'View from U. Ave end of Martin Hall looking toward present site of E. Moore Hall. Dated by recent planting of trees in picture. Ginko by Martin and Maples along Drivis Way. P.S. Hartman Phys plt'
The snow covered bridge and sidewalks make foot and vehicle travel difficult around old Mountaineer Field.
'May 18, 1945. This walk runs along the front of the campus where Elizabeth Moore Hall is placed.  Sycamore tree in the foreground 'cut down 1963', which is one of the two largest trees on the campus today, was planted by the Rev. J. R. Moore as was the other tree, the maple, in the Circle.  He planted another tree on the Circle which died many years ago.  Rev. Moore came to Morgantown as Principal of the Monongalia Academy in 1852 and died in 1864.  The Falling Run Road which runs along the edge of picture is now University Avenue.' 'This is the E. Moore Hall sycqamore still growing as of February 22, 1983.  References to the tree being planted by Rev. Moore is probably an error.  The tree is shown in photos from 1888 as a fully grown tree at least 50 years old. P.S. Hartman'
This walk runs along the front of the campus where Elizabeth Moore Hall is placed.  Sycamore tree in the foreground 'cut down 1963', which is one of the two largest trees on the campus today, was planted by the Rev. J. R. Moore as was the other tree, the maple, in the Circle.  He planted another tree on the Circle which died many years ago.  Rev. Moore came to Morgantown as Principal of the Monongalia Academy in 1852 and died in 1864.  The Falling Run Road which runs along the edge of picture is now University Avenue.  This is the E. Moore Hall sycqamore still growing as of February 22, 1983.  References to the tree being planted by Rev. Moore is probably an error.  The tree is shown in photos from 1888 as a fully grown tree at least 50 years old.
Experiment Station is the building at the "Y" intersection of University and College Ave.
Inscription with the photograph: 'View from south's pasture showing the house owned by the White heirs on Sunnyside in the foreground, and campus before addition to Woodburn Hall, but after Science Hall was built.' 'View of University Ave? The WVU Campus, and Morgantown, taken from a point near the present intersection with Beverly Ave ca. 1895.'
Buildings pictured are Engineering II, Physics, President's Home, Administration, Law School, and Chemistry.
Now location of Stewart Hall. Through the trees are buildings 'left to right': Martin Hall, Science Hall, and Experiment Station.
View of Observatory Hill showing Woodburn Hall, Martin Hall, Fife Cottage, Experiment Station.