Search Constraints

You searched for: Projects West Virginia History OnView Remove constraint Projects: West Virginia History OnView Topical Subjects Cities--Hinton. Remove constraint Topical Subjects: Cities--Hinton.
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

'Hinton High School Class of 1988: Participated in Arbor Day Celebration Sponsored by Hinton Woman's Club on April 29, 1988.'
The front of the Rivertown Inn in Hinton, West Virginia.
Young man is working in the drycleaning room at Keaton's in Hinton, West Virginia.
Plaque from the Summers County Courthouse in Hinton, West Virginia.
View of Temple Street between Second and Third Avenue, Hinton, W. Va.
Aerial view of Hinton, West Virginia showing 'the New River just below the junction of the Greenbrier River.'
View of the inscription on the monument dedicated to the women of the Confederacy  in Hinton, W. Va.
View of the inscription on the monument in Hinton, W. Va. dedicated to the Confederate Soldiers of Greenbrier and New River Valleys.
View of the inscription on the Confederate Monument erected in the year 1914 by Camp Allen Woodrum Confederate Verterans and Camp Bob Christian Sons of Confederate Veterans and their friends in Hinton, W. Va.
View of the inscription on the Confederate Monument in Hinton, West Virginia.
Buildings on a tree lined street in Hinton, W. Va.
Three flags including an American flag and West Virginia state flag surround a small stone marker.
Cars parked along the street in front of downtown buildings in Hinton, West Virginia.
A close-up view of the New River Gorge Train Exhibit and Railroad Museum, in Hinton, West Virginia.
In the front row, from left to right, is Terrence Moorefield, Fred Brown, and Boyd Brown.In the second row, from left to right, is Christian Hetzel, George Griffith, Clemmer Peck, Mrs. Carrie B. Mahon (teacher), Reese Capeller, and Stanely Butler.In the back row, from left to right, is William Moorefield, Cecil Hinton, Julian Fredeking, Roy Mann, Oswald Blackwilder, Leo Ross, and Fred Flanagan.
'Beckley-Hinton elite splurging in costume party.  Group portrait of guests in full costume.'
Post card print
Four unidentified men, one a soda jerk, stand behind the counter at Rose's.
Located at the corner of Temple Street and Third Ave., the store was owned by Shan Rose.
The New River flowing pass the Chesapeake and Ohio Depot and the YMCA.
One of the earliest baseball teams known to Hinton.Starting in the back row, from left to right, is Edgar Noel, "Bootie" Brown, C. Templeton, Bob Hoover, Owen Miller, Ernest Bond, Ott Morton, Charlie Kline, Frank Sweeny, Forest Bradenberg, and Irvin Maxwell.
View of the building from across the street. Located on Block C #1.
Employees John Smith and Buster Waulaga unloading boxes off of a cart. Company building located on Block C #1.
Employees (from left to right) Jim Bob Christian, Wes Surber, Mr. Christian, Ab Wiseman, unidentified, C.O. McGhee, unidentified, and Emmitt McLaughlin.
Tracks running through the station along the Chesapeake & Ohio  (C & O) Railroad. Town seen in the background.
Looking at the building from across the street. Silo Ice truck pictured on the right. Located on Block C #7.
Located on Block C #7, the depot was built ca. 1905.
House built in ca. 1875 by the C&O Railroad Company to house laborers working on the roundhouse. Located on Block C #11.
Exterior of the house located on Block D #12. The columns were brought by horse and buggy from Princeton, W. Va.
Railroad cars cover the tracks. New River seen in the background.
A train car sits on the railroad track.
Looking at the building from across the street. Originally built in 1894, it was destroyed by a fire and rebuilt in 1935.
Loomis at work in his shop located on Front Street. Loomis carved most of the stones that grace the graves of pioneer railroaders that settled in Hinton in its infancy. Loomis died in 1936.
Loomis sits in the doorway of his shop located on Front Street.
Loomis watches as two cats walk through the yard.
Loomis pictured in overalls standing next to wooden crates.
Looking at the old inn from across the hill.
Starret, left, and Ewing, right, pose in a pretend "face-off" with their pistols. Starret starred in western films while Ewing ran the Ritze Theatre. The two men in the background are unidentified.
Starret, posing on the right, points a gun at an unidentified newspaper employee. Starret played many roles in old western movies.
From left to right: Harrison Gwinn (President), J. H. Jordan (Cashier), C. B. Mahon (Vice President), N. Read, Harvey Ewart, Judge Miller, Mr. Drumheller, and Mr. Brightwell.
Looking at the building located on Temple St. Three unidentified children are pictured loitering by the entrance.
Unidentified people walk along the pedestrian path on the bridge. Old Toll House is pictured in the background on the left.
View from Summers Street. People line the sidewalks while a horse-drawn carriage makes its way across the road. Subjects unidentified.
Four unidentified men pose by the building's entrance. The store windows advertise "American Field and Hog Fencing: For Sale Here" and "The Two Johns". This is became the location of Danny Foster's in 1986.
Picture of one of Hinton's early drug stores. It was located next to the First National Bank on 3rd Ave. Wade H. Gwinn, one of the store's operators, is the gentleman leaning against the post on the left. This three-story brick building housed apartments on the upper floors.
The building, located on the corner of Temple Street and 3rd Avenue, is decorated in American flags.
An unidentified man crosses the street. Rose's Drugstore pictured on the left.