Search Constraints

You searched for: Projects West Virginia History OnView Remove constraint Projects: West Virginia History OnView Topical Subjects Church buildings--West Virginia. Remove constraint Topical Subjects: Church buildings--West Virginia.
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

'Is this church in Charleston, or St. Mary's or Parkersburg?'
'34.D.(19); July 11, 1884, Friday 8am, sunshine; (Sky shade held too low)'
The church was located in the Elk Knob community cemetery. Subjects unidentified.
A baptist church and cemetery are pictured in the distance.
Picture showing the church building's exterior.
Writing on back of photo reads, "First church in Forest Hill district was Forest Hill Methodist Church. Erected on this site was a one room log structure used until 1860. This picture presents Forest Hill Methodist Church but on the same site as log church."
A crowd exits the church, pictured on the left. Cars are parked beside the post office building on the right.
Beech Run Church congregation gathered outside of church building on children's day.
Looking at the building's entrance from across the street.
A group poses outside of the church building.
View looking at the church entrance.
Church members pose for a group portraits beneath the church's windows.
First built in 1910 and burned down in 1913. Since this picture, the church has covered the exterior with brick and decorated the interior with paneling with new pews and wall-to-wall carpet. Sunday School rooms have also been added, including a fellowship room, a kitchen, and more ground for parking cars.
The church building is pictured on the right. It later burned down in 1913.
Looking at the building entrance from the dirt path.
Looking at the church from the dirt parking lot across the road.
Church pictured in the distance. The area pictured is about one mile south of Bluestone River Dam.
Church pictured in the distance. The area is about one mile south of Bluestone River Dam.
Looking at the building entrance from the parking lot.
An unidentified church sits next to a farm field.
Two women stand by a grave outside the church building which is located in Jumping Branch area.
Looking north east at the log building.
View of the newly constructed church building.
Looking at the entrance of the church building located in Forest Hill District outside of Hinton, W. Va.
View from across the lawn of the church entrance.
Looking at the building from across the dirt path.
An unidentified church sits on a hill in Summers County.
Looking at the church building from the parking lot.
A small log building sits beside a forest.
A church in Onego, W. Va. is surrounded by water from a creek that used to be behind it.  The flooded and muddy field was previously a green pasture. The damage occurred during the November 1985 flood in the area around Parsons, Elkins, Onego, and Mounth of Seneca, W. Va.
Debris, cars, a damaged bus, and a damaged truck surround a church after the flood that occurred in November 1985 in the area around Parsons, Elkins, Onego, and Mounth of Seneca, W. Va.
This image is part of the Thompson Family of Canaan Valley Collection. The Thompson family played a large role in the timber industry of Tucker County during the 1800s, and later prospered in the region as farmers, business owners, and prominent members of the Canaan Valley community.
This image shows an earlier view of this church. Later, the front of the building changed and people entered through the side entrance.This image is part of the Thompson Family of Canaan Valley Collection. The Thompson family played a large role in the timber industry of Tucker County during the 1800s, and later prospered in the region as farmers, business owners, and prominent members of the Canaan Valley community.
View of a Methodist Church in Davis.This image is part of the Thompson Family of Canaan Valley Collection. The Thompson family played a large role in the timber industry of Tucker County during the 1800s, and later prospered in the region as farmers, business owners, and prominent members of the Canaan Valley community.
This image is part of the Thompson Family of Canaan Valley Collection. The Thompson family played a large role in the timber industry of Tucker County during the 1800s, and later prospered in the region as farmers, business owners, and prominent members of the Canaan Valley community.
This image is part of the Thompson Family of Canaan Valley Collection. The Thompson family played a large role in the timber industry of Tucker County during the 1800s, and later prospered in the region as farmers, business owners, and prominent members of the Canaan Valley community.
This image is part of the Thompson Family of Canaan Valley Collection. The Thompson family played a large role int he timber industry of Tucker County during the 1800s, and later prospered in the region as farmers, business owners, and prominent members of the Canaan Valley community.
The Greensburg Evangelical United Brethren Church was founded in 1850.
Mt. Zion Episcopal was organized in 1817-1818. It was previously called Hedges Chapel.
St. Mark's was organized in 1844, but was previously known as First M.E. Church.
The episcopal church was founded in 1843
Martinsburg First Presbyterian Church was founded in 1824. The current building was dedicated in 1903.