Search Constraints

You searched for: Medium print Remove constraint Medium: print Topical Subjects Dwellings--West Virginia--Morgantown. Remove constraint Topical Subjects: Dwellings--West Virginia--Morgantown.
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

'Worker housing climbs up the hill of Seneca in the early 1900's, as the neighborhood grows around the glass factories.'
Inscribed on the photograph; 'A view down Beverly Avenue (now the intersection of University and Stewart), taken around 1910, shows a quiet sunnyside of one family dwellings. Beverly Avenue is now University Avenue at Stewart Street.'
'Dr. Fielding Yost and wife Malanda Ann Yost lived in this house in Morgantown, W. Va.  This is on Main St.  They put three sons through college to be Dr.'s.  Copied from back of picture owned by Lewis Stemple, loaned to Dr. Core for Copying - written Mar. 1978; Is this on the west side of High Street or corner of Wall Street?  Marion Tapp thinks it is the Franks Home, S. W. corner of Fayette St. and University Ave.  She lived near there as a child.  A double home is on the site of the Morgantown plat of 1921.'
'Old Methodist Church on Brick Row. Commencement used to be held there. Dr. Martin, First President of the University (WVU), was presented with keys by the late Judge J. T. Hoke, who was a member of Board of Regents. 1867' 'Rufus A. West.'
'Firemen in a residence extinguishing a fire'. Decorations imply it was Christmas time at the time of fire.
'Fire on Stewart Street(?)'. Man seen in yard near fire. Snow is laying on the ground and on roof of residence.
Firefighters working to extinguish fire at a residence located on the corner of Fayette Street and Chestnut Street in Morgantown, W. Va.
Building left standing after fire raged through structure. Heat and smoke damage can be seen on siding in bottom half of building.
Dining room with a set table.
A group of people sit outside the house.
Fireplace, rocking chair, and woman's portrait.
'Believed to be converted Army barracks.'
A woman sits on the porch of the Old Stone House.
'? Chestnut Street Row Houses.'
'Now the WVU State Agricultural Farm.' Ladies sit on the porch of a brick home obscured by trees.
'From University Avenue.'
A man and a woman sit on the porch.
'Now M. P. Church.'
'Site of the Mineral Industries building.'
'Site now occupied by Main Street business block and theatre.'
A few people sit on the porch of the Molby home on Cornell Avenue.
Winter scene at the McDermott home.
'Near University Ave - Built by S. A. Posten.'
'Near the M and K Railroad Yards.'
'John H. Hoffman building which stood on the site of the Garlow building.  This was used by the University as a school of music during the term of the Dean Rightson and Ellenburger.'
Located on the S. E. corner of Spruce and Pleasant Streets.
Built by W. E. Rumsey.
'N. W. corner of High and Kirk Streets.  Richard's Restaurant now occupies this  building.'
House was built by S. A. Posten.
'Built about 1790.  Fronting University Avenue.  Torn down in 1930.  Dricilla Morgan lived there many years.'
'The home of the late Prof. W. P. Willey on the south-west corner of Pleasant and Spruce Streets.  Prof. Willey for a number of years was the editor of the W. Va. Bar.  Many of his articles were written in this home.  The small residence to the left is the home of Miss Hattie Tennant.  These homes were built about 1885.'
Living room with chairs around the fire place.
'Clara Gould Barbe, 2nd from left, 2nd row.'
'Building that was torn down to build the Pleasant St. Parking Lot.'
Young girl seated on the steps.
Gibson's Studio Upstairs and G. T. Federer Meats on the ground level.  Built ca. 1790.'
Gibson's Studio Upstairs and G. T. Federer Meats on the ground level.  Built ca. 1790.'
Young girl across the street in front of the old McCleery home built c. 1790.  Gibson's studio upstairs.
Several teams of horses are involved in road work.
'W.H. Cook (One of I. C. White's Residences - See New Dominion 1903 Industrial Edition.)'
On S. E. Corner of Spruce and Pleasant Street.
'W. H. Cook (One of I . C. White's Residences - See New Dominion 1903 Industrial Edition.)'
'The Fam Evan's house on the South side of Willey east of Spruce.  Showing the Phi Kappa Psi house.  Now the Cap Hatfield property.'
'Main St. Building. W. Swisher's Theatre, 1906, now occupies the site.'
A christmas tree, Rocking Horse, Child's Sleigh, Doll House and other presents under the tree.
The porch has a hammock and some chairs on it.
'Winter 1912-1913, Persons in photo from L. to R.; Geo. C. Sturgiss and daughters Marie and Roberta.  Home was located on corner of Kirk and High Streets behind the present Post Office Building.'
'Built by E. J. Evans's father, J. E. 'Evans' Harris in foreground.
House stood until 1930.