Search Constraints

You searched for: Geographic Names University Avenue (Morgantown, W. Va.) Remove constraint Geographic Names: University Avenue (Morgantown, W. Va.) Medium print Remove constraint Medium: print
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

A view of the Beverly Avenue Viaduct, also known as the Falling Run Bridge, looking toward the WVU campus. Beverly Avenue is now known as University Avenue.
Purinton House built in 1905.  Poster on pole reads, 'Baseball Saturday, May 5'  Note: Trolley car tracks, gas lamp pole.
Now University Avenue, In front of library (Stewart Hall.)
Looking towards WVU campus.
View of the Star Bus Company Bus at Corner of University Avenue and Garett Street Morgantown, W. Va.
The Victory Tank is parked in front of buildings in Morgantown, West Virginia.
A photo of a victory tank on the West Virginia University Campus.
Looking S.W. Garrett Street to University Avenue & Foundry Street - Showing frontage of Hennen and B.&O. Properties on Garrett Street.
Looking N.W. - University Avenue and Garrett Street - Showing B.&O. and Hennen properties.
Looking N.W. on University Avenue - Showing frontage of Hennen property and B.&O. lot to Lepera property.
Looking N.W. on University Avenue to corner of same and Moore Street - Showing frontage of Lepera property
The ROTC band and sponsors dressed in costume.
Students received special military training on the WVU campus during World War II.
This is a photograph of University Avenue near Dorsey's Knob overlooking Morgantown West Virginia.
Located on Grumbein Island near Commencement Hall in 1951.
Left to right- Reynolds Hall, Administration, Law School, President's home
The front end of the car completely smashed from an accident on University Avenue.
Students cross street in between classes. The Grumbein Island is the name for the median strip the students are walking across.
Working on four lane section past South Morgantown.
Cars pass as workers repair the University Avenue bridge.
A close-up view of the intersection of University Avenue and Collins Ferry Road in Morgantown, West Virginia.
A view of Memorial Plaza looking down south on University Avenue.  Mast belongs to battleship West Virginia which was sunk at Pearl Harbor.
President's house on left and E. Moore Hall on right.
Road crew members are paving South University Avenue in Morgantown, West Virginia.
'Left to right: Cafeteria, Health Center, Reynolds Hall, Administration (old library).'
Fordice-Pierce House, University Avenue, Morgantown, W. Va., built in 1885.From the thesis of "The Influences of Nineteenth Century Architectural Styles on Morgantown Homes," call number NA7125.P481965.
Coleman-Jeffries house on the corner of University Avenue and First Street, Morgantown, W. Va.  Built in the American Gothic style, ca. 1885.From the thesis of "The Influences of Nineteenth Century Architectural Styles on Morgantown Homes," call number NA7125.P481965.
A police officer has pulled over to the side of the road on South University Avenue where cars have went off the road.
A car is driving down South University Avenue in Morgantown, West Virginia.
Cars on University Avenue near the old Mountaineer Field.
Two men loading a wrecked truck onto a tow truck at the scene of an accident on South University Avenue in Morgantown, West Virginia.
Boxing champion Mohammed Ali walks down University Avenue with students.
Members of Scabbard and Blade stand in a median across from Stewart Hall.
Anti-draft march from Mountainlair to the Courthouse square.
A view looking up a busy University Avenue in the Sunnyside neighborhood.
Students exit from chapel in Reynolds Hall; it is taken from the porch of Agricultural Experiment Station.
'Campus of West Virginia University looking down University Avenue, then called Front Street, past the present location of Elizabeth Moore Hall. Note the sycamore tree to the right of center, which is only tree still standing. Beyond it he building is the old Millspaugh home, now site of the President's Home. Taken about 1890.'
'May 18, 1945. This walk runs along the front of the campus where Elizabeth Moore Hall is placed.  Sycamore tree in the foreground 'cut down 1963', which is one of the two largest trees on the campus today, was planted by the Rev. J. R. Moore as was the other tree, the maple, in the Circle.  He planted another tree on the Circle which died many years ago.  Rev. Moore came to Morgantown as Principal of the Monongalia Academy in 1852 and died in 1864.  The Falling Run Road which runs along the edge of picture is now University Avenue.' 'This is the E. Moore Hall sycqamore still growing as of February 22, 1983.  References to the tree being planted by Rev. Moore is probably an error.  The tree is shown in photos from 1888 as a fully grown tree at least 50 years old. P.S. Hartman'
Bridge on Beverly Avenue which is now University Avenue.
This walk runs along the front of the campus where Elizabeth Moore Hall is placed.  Sycamore tree in the foreground 'cut down 1963', which is one of the two largest trees on the campus today, was planted by the Rev. J. R. Moore as was the other tree, the maple, in the Circle.  He planted another tree on the Circle which died many years ago.  Rev. Moore came to Morgantown as Principal of the Monongalia Academy in 1852 and died in 1864.  The Falling Run Road which runs along the edge of picture is now University Avenue.  This is the E. Moore Hall sycqamore still growing as of February 22, 1983.  References to the tree being planted by Rev. Moore is probably an error.  The tree is shown in photos from 1888 as a fully grown tree at least 50 years old.
Two women in a horse and buggy travel on Willey Street.
A view of the old Anderson home, located on University Avenue in Star City.
Adjacent to I. C. White property.
Caption: 'Footbridge where the Stadium Bridge (University Avenue) is now located.' This bridge, over Falling Run, connected the campus to Sunnyside.
Beverly Avenue, which is now University Avenue, taken on the Falling Run Bridge.
Church and people on University Avenue and Willey Street intersection, The cupola of Martin Hall is in the background.
A church can be seen at the intersection of Willey Street at University Avenue in Morgantown, West Virginia. Stewart Hall is visible on the right.
Now Stewart Hall.
Commencement Hall, Stewart Hall on the left, Purinton House on the right.
Promotional piece and photograph.
This shop was located on the corner of Front and Walnut Streets.
Now location of Stewart Hall. Through the trees are buildings 'left to right': Martin Hall, Science Hall, and Experiment Station.
Houses and automobiles located at University Avenue in Morgantown, West Virginia.
A dog is chasing an automobile is driving at the intersection of University Avenue, formally called Front Street, and Beechurst Avenue in Morgantown, West Virginia.
Old automobile seen at the corner of Front Street and Beechurst. Dog is chasing car.
Two trolleys pass Stewart Hall, the old university library.
A group of women, men, and children, who are likely members of a 4-H group. The group is in front of the library, which is now Stewart Hall.
Experiment Station is the building at the "Y" intersection of University and College Ave.
' "Wood's house" of two horse drawn wagons, each pulling a man, a boy and furniture on Pleasant Street and University Ave in Morgantown, W. Va.
Home of Walter A. Mestrezat, first WVU band director, his home was located on University Ave in Morgantown, W. Va.
The corner business displays multiple advertisements. Front Street is now University Ave.
Front Street is now University Avenue. Stewart Hall on the West Virginia University campus is in the background.
Note the brick paved road and the tracks for the street cars. Front Street is now University Avenue.
View looking up Beverly Avenue, now University Avenue, at Stewart Street.
Photograph of four Cadet Band members on the steps of Purinton House, which was then home to the university president.  Pictured are, left to right, Herbert Lynn McLaughlin, Edgar Frank Heiskell, O. D. Gill, and M. H. Thorn.
Price Furniture and Morgantown Laundry Company.
A view of Stewart Hall when it was used as library.  Over the central archway 'LIBRARY' is engraved.  A hooded car is parked in front of the building on University Avenue.  The photo is taken across from the street on a fall day.
A view of houses on University Avenue.