Search Constraints

You searched for: Geographic Names Taylor County (W. Va.) Remove constraint Geographic Names: Taylor County (W. Va.) Projects West Virginia History OnView Remove constraint Projects: West Virginia History OnView
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

Baseball team members participate in a pre-game ceremony.
The Moatsville String Ticklers band pose with their instruments. None of the musicians are identified.
Men, women, and children gather at a ceremony at the Baltimore and Ohio railroad yard in Grafton, W. Va.
The church was organized prior to West Virginia becoming a state in 1821 in what was then known as Williamsport, Virginia.
The church was organized in 1818.
The chapel was built in what was then Williamsport, Virginia, twenty years before West Virginia became a state. The building served as a Methodist Protestant church until the Union of Methodist Churches in 1939. In 1947, the church and its grounds were sold to the Industrial School and was designated the school's institutional chapel.
The church was established in 1858.
The church was originally established as the Fetterman Methodist Episcopal Church in 1873 and is the "Mother of Methodism" in the area.
The church was organized in 1855 in what was then known as Fetterman, Virginia. During the church building's construction, services were held in the carpenter shop of the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Company in Grafton.
The church was established in the 1850's when Irish and German settlers came to the town of Grafton to build the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad (B. & O.).
The church was established in 1811 and the building served as a community "Meeting House" as well as a school.
The church was first called Booths Creek and later changed to Middleville.  It was organized in 1825.
The church was organized as a part of the Simpson Creek Church in the Bailey Settlement in a circuit of churches in 1837.  A log meeting house was built in 1940.  The present building was built in 1903. The name of the church changed to Bailey Memorial in 1939.
The Claysville community first started gathering when a church was built in 1802.  In 1857 the Union Baptist Church was built. It later rebuilt in 1887 after a fire.
The church was organized in 1856.
Beatrice and Olive Virginia Lambert on their family farm.
Portrait of Jeffereys. On the back of the photo is a graphic for Alex Foreman's Photographic Gallery.
Zinn is pictured a soldier's uniform beside an American flag. Zinn is from North Central West Virginia, which includes Monongalia, Taylor and Barbour counties.
Boys relaxing during "sprawl period."
Agricultural land being stripped by the C and P Coal Company in Taylor County. After mining, this land will be leveled and sloped for drainage, then restored to productive farm cover.