Search Results

Court records and other valuables were forcibly removed from the courthouse at St. George on the night of August 1, 1893.  They were taken to Parsons and placed in a temporary courthouse the morning of August 2, 1893.  This photo, taken in Parsons, is looking northeast on Second Street.  It is accompanied by photo ID #015135.

1. Mob Returns to Parsons, Tucker County, W. Va.

2. Laurel Hill Historical Marker at Parsons, W. Va.

An unidentified man stands next to a car and several houses that were flooded when a stream, possibly Seneca Creek or White's Run, changed it's course during the 1985 flood in the area around Parsons, Elkins, Onego, and Mounth of Seneca, W. Va.

3. Stream Changed Course During the Flood of 1985

Debris, damaged cars, mud, and water remain in the street in front of the courthouse in Parsons, W. Va. The damage occurred during the November 1985 flood in the area around Parsons, Elkins, Onego, and Mounth of Seneca, W. Va.

4. Flooded Road in Front of the Courthouse in Parsons, W. Va.

Debris surrounds the damaged bridge and railroad tracks.  The damage occurred during the November 1985 flood in the area around Parsons, Elkins, Onego, and Mounth of Seneca, W. Va.

5. Debris and Damage on the Blackfork Railroad Bridge near Parsons, W. Va.

Hughes (b.1860-d.1926), left, sits in front of his wife, Ida F. Hughes (b.1870-d.1951). Kidwell (b.2/7/1871-5/20/1896), right, sits in front of his wife Sarah Alice (b.4/22/1876-d.11/16/1946). Kidwell worked for both the Babcock Lumber Company and the Blackwater Coal Company.

6. James William Kidwell and Henry "Mac" Hughes with Wives in Parsons, W. Va.