Search Constraints

You searched for: Geographic Names Monongalia County (W. Va.) Remove constraint Geographic Names: Monongalia County (W. Va.) Projects West Virginia History OnView Remove constraint Projects: West Virginia History OnView
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

Miner's houses, coke ovens, and tipple at Richard, W. Va.
The road in the upper part of the photo is the Stewartstown Road. The intersection in the middle right side is with the West Run Road.
"Formed, 1776, from District of West Augusta.  All or parts of 21 other counties, including three in Pennsylvania, were carved from it.  Named for the Monongahela River, bearing an Indian name, which means the "River of Caving Banks."
A group of Mt. View School students stand in front of the school house with their teacher, Joseph Lyons.
A group of Fletcher School students stand in front of the school house with their teacher, Joseph Lyons.
Photo showing the poor condition of the bridge over Cheat Lake. The bridge was built in 1922 by the Independent Bridge Company of Pittsburgh. It spans across the lake along County Route 857.
Photo showing the poor condition of the bridge over Cheat Lake. The bridge was built in 1922 by the Independent Bridge Company of Pittsburgh. It spans across the lake along County Route 857.
Photo showing the bridge over Cheat Lake. The bridge was built in 1922 by the Independent Bridge Company of Pittsburgh. It spans across the lake along County Route 857.
Photo showing the poor condition of the bridge over Cheat Lake. The bridge was built in 1922 by the Independent Bridge Company of Pittsburgh. It spans across the lake along County Route 857.
Photo showing the poor condition of the bridge over Cheat Lake. The bridge was built in 1922 by the Independent Bridge Company of Pittsburgh. It spans across the lake along County Route 857.
Photo showing the bridge that was built in 1922 by the Independent Bridge Company of Pittsburgh. It spans across Cheat Lake along County Route 857.
A car drives across the bridge that runs over Cheat Lake and along County Route 857.The bridge was built in 1922 by the Independent Bridge Company of Pittsburgh.
Two cars drive across the bridge that runs over Cheat Lake and along Country Route 857. The bridge was built in 1922 by the Independent Bridge Company of Pittsburgh.
A lone car drives over the bridge that runs across Cheat Lake and along County Route 857. The bridge was built in 1922 by the Independent Bridge Company of Pittsburgh.
Photo showing the poor condition of the bridge over Cheat Lake. The bridge was built in 1922 by the Independent Bridge Company of Pittsburgh. It spans across the lake along County Route 857.
Photo showing the poor condition of the bridge over Cheat Lake. The bridge was built in 1922 by the Independent Bridge Company of Pittsburgh. It spans across the lake along County Route 857.
Photo showing the poor condition of the bridge over Cheat Lake. The bridge was built in 1922 by the Independent Bridge Company of Pittsburgh. It spans across the lake along County Route 857.
Looking across the river at parallel bridge. The ferry bridge was built in 1922 by the Independent Bridge Company of Pittsburgh. It runs along County Route 857.
Photo showing the poor condition of the bridge over Cheat Lake. The bridge was built in 1922 by the Independent Bridge Company of Pittsburgh. It spans across the lake along County Route 857.
Road to a camp in West Virginia
A group of unidentified subjects are pictured on a hill with Dorsey's Knob in the background.
Two boys are pictured on top of the rock, looking east. Subjects unidentified.
Two women and a man are pictured beside the rock formation, formally known as Dorsey's Knob. Subjects unidentified.
Four men sit in a canoe beside the large boulder in the middle of the river. Subjects unidentified.
A dog lays on the newly improved field outside of the school house.
The building was later destroyed in a fire.
An unidentified man is pictured on the house's front porch.
The boulder on the Cheat River, known as Squirrel Rock, is pictured.
A group of students are gathered in a room. Many are listening to a man who is standing and reading from a sheet of paper. Subjects unidentified.
One of the many workshops and pieces of equipment found in the building.
Billy Sirk, in uniform as Deputy Sheriff of Monongalia County, W. Va.
An early image of the entrance to Cooper's Rock State Forest before gates or other structures were built.  During the Great Depression the Civilian Conservation Corps built a number of structures for the State Forest.
The church was organized in 1861.  The church house was built in 1869 and a new church was dedicated in 1870.  In 1915 Bula Baptist Church joined with Union and West Warren Baptist Churches.
Henry Bennet was a preacher born in Maryland October 21, 1807.  He settled in parts of West Virginia and Pennsylvania preaching.  While living in Burton he preached at the Liming Ridge Church of Christ in Monongalia County.  He died in Fairmont in 1902.
The church was organized in 1849.  The first two buildings burned down, and the present church was erected in 1895.
The church is located south of Bula, W. Va.  It was organized in 1847 and the building was built in 1870.  The present church was erected in 1893.
The church was organized in 1836.
The two churches of different denominations stand next to each other on a hill above a covered bridge. West Warren Baptist is on the left, Wadestown Methodist is in the middle, and in the lower right of the image is the covered bridge.
The church was first organized in 1854, this building was be dedicated in 1963.
The church was organized in 1854.  A new church building was built in 1954.
The church was organized in 1849.  The current building was erected in 1908.
The church was founded in 1829.  The present church was built in 1896-1897.
The church was constructed and founded in 1842.  The present building was built in 1894.
The church was organized in 1835.