Search Constraints

You searched for: Geographic Names Greenbrier River (W. Va.) Remove constraint Geographic Names: Greenbrier River (W. Va.) Projects West Virginia History OnView Remove constraint Projects: West Virginia History OnView
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

A river mirrors the distant bank full of leafy trees and a grassy hill.
'Looking North from McClung Studio.'
'Looking East Along Greenbrier River.'
Greenbrier River from Bridge at Alderson.  House visible on the shore.
View of Greenbrier River from bridge at Alderson.  Road visible in the distance.
View of Greenbrier River from bridge at Alderson.
Tree lined shore of the Greenbrier River.  Steel Bridge in the background.
Greenbrier River from near Alderson, looking East.
Boaters in the foreground. Iron bridge over the Greenbrier River at Alderson.  Bridge built in 1881.
Two men standing on old iron bridge looking south.
View of Keeney's Knob from a bridge at Alderson.  Houses by the shore.
View of Alderson looking Northwest.  Bright's Mill, lower center.
View of the Iron Bridge at Whitecomb Depot, C. and O. Railroad on a low water area of the Greenbrier River in Greenbrier County.
Rebel's View, looking East up the Chesapeake and Ohio Railroad and the Greenbrier River.  Above the Iron C and O Railroad bridge.
'Looking south at mile 64.6 about half a mile above mouth of Greenbrier River.  Packs Ferry and Geological Survey gaging station equipped with staff gage and cable near upper right.'
'Looking up Greenbrier River about half a mile above mouth.  Chesapeake and Ohio Railroad at left.'
'Mouth of Greenbrier River and upper portion of Hinton, West Virginia.  Looking southeast toward sun.'
A photograph of a river with a horse and carriage on the left. '54 D(30); Thur. July 17, 1884 8 am'
'Northfork Lumber Company, Boyer Siding, W. Va., Bridge 154 ft. long, 14'-4" inside length across Greenbrier River at Boyer Siding leading over to mill. An A. D. Neill operation.'
After a long dry summer, drizzling rains dominated the Potomac Highland region for days. By November 4, a severe storm wreaked havoc as the already dampened soils could no longer receive the excessive rains. The waters extended through Avis to Pence Springs near the Hinton, W. Va.Summers, Greenbrier, Mineral, Hampshire, Grant, Hardy, Pendleton, and Tucker counties were all affected by high water and flooding, as well.
Piers of Glen Ray Lumber Co. emerging to create Railroad Bridge.
Glen Ray Lumber Co.'s construction site for the bridge on Greenbrier River.
Flood waters surge toward the truck as it attempts to make its way across the road.
High rising waters cut through wooden structures. Perhaps at one point this was a shed.
A house in the background is tilted on its side. Tree tops can be seen sticking out of the water.
The two unidentified persons pose beside the river on what is now Route 3 below Alderson, W. Va.
Overlooking the valley from a mountaintop view. The river was named by Col. John Lewis in 1751. It flows from Randolph County, through Pocahontas and Monroe counties, and into New River near Hinton, W. Va.
Looking down from the bridge at a group of unidentified boys. Just below the bridge is the entry of Howards Creek into Greenbrier River.
Hills pictured in the background to create this picturesque view. Willowood County Club is located to the right of the photo.
View of the river cutting through a crowded forest.
Old Kozy Cove, an establish beer joint, is pictured mostly submerged in flood waters. To the right is Route 3.
The opening to the left shows the ending of the river at Bellepoint.
Looking of the high rising waters. In the background, the river nearly reaches the top of a bridge.
The high rising water from the river begins to submerge the lower halves of the trees.
Two cars are seen splashing through the waters of the gradually submerged road.
A house stands alone in the middle of the high rising waters. A person can be seen on the porch observing the situation.
A sign on the tree reads, "For Rent: Camp Site Wonder Land of Picnic Table, $1".
Waters from the Greenbrier River begin to take over the country club grounds.