Search Constraints

You searched for: Geographic Names Chestnut Street (Morgantown, W. Va.) Remove constraint Geographic Names: Chestnut Street (Morgantown, W. Va.) Projects West Virginia History OnView Remove constraint Projects: West Virginia History OnView
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

Men and women are standing and sitting on the front porch of a row house on Chestnut Street in Morgantown, West Virginia. The row houses were demolished in 1986.
'Corner of Chestnut and Pleasant Street. Women Unidentified'.
View of cars parked in the parking lot between High and Chestnut St. Morgantown, W. va.
At Chestnut and Pleasant Streets.
A man is walking near the New York Tailoring and Cleaning Shop on Willey Street near the intersection of Chestnut Street in Morgantown, West Virginia.
View looking up unpaved Chestnut St. in Morgantown W. Va.
Hotel Franklin on the corner of Walnut Street and Chestnut Street.
Man standing with two steer in front of the W. M. Cox Meat Market on the northwest corner of Chancery Row and Chestnut Street.
Monongalia County Building and Loan Association.  District:  Third Ward. From Whom Acquired:  Globe Realty Co, (# 3 Model Bakery). Address of Property:  223 Chestnut Street. Description:  Lot Chestnut Street 38 x 110'. Improvements:  Building, frame construction, tin roof, basement and first floor used as a store, two floors above rented as rooming house.
The Old Stone House was built by Jacob Nuze and sold to tavern keeper Henry Dering in 1795. Potters John Thompson and Jacob Foulk owned the structure from 1800 until 1813 when it was brought by Joseph Shackleford who operated a tanyard on the property for 50 years. Shackleford was also a minister and led the first Methodist reform movement in the area.