Search Constraints

You searched for: Geographic Names Charleston (W. Va.) Remove constraint Geographic Names: Charleston (W. Va.)
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

A group of men salute the American flag at a ceremony honoring World War II veterans and the U.S.S. West Virginia battleship.
View of Charleston, West Virginia with bridge over river on right.
"The Charleston skyline as it appeared at the time the Kanawha Banking [and] Trust Company began business-in 1901. Note the old capitol in the center background and the ferry landing before the C [and] O bridge was built"; In the bottom picture, "modern Charleston as it appears today. Front street has become Kanawha Boulevard and towering skyscrapers fill the landscape. The Kanawha Banking [and] Trust Company building appears at the left beyond the Union building."
"Photograph property of Curt Teich [and] Co. Inc., Chicago."
"W. Va. Indus. [and] Pub. Comm."
Ed Cabbell riding a horse during the John Henry Folk Festival in Charleston, W.Va.
Post card print
Helen Holt was the first woman to serve as Secretary of State in West Virginia (1955-1956). She is also well known for her later political efforts in vastly improving housing and long term health care for the elderly.
"You be the judge."
Company originally built school buses, but later switched to making hearses, as seen in this photograph.
Company originally built school buses, but later switched to making hearses, as seen in this photograph.
Company originally built school buses, but later switched to making hearses, as seen in this photograph.
Company originally built school buses, but later switched to making hearses, as seen in this photograph.
Front of Creighton is submerged under water.
Guards for the synthetic rubber plant built on old Wertz Field in Charleston, West Virginia. The factory required so many guards because of it's high importance to the nation during war time. Rubber was one of the most important commodities during the war and because most of our supplies of it had been cut off we had to build our own synthetic rubber plants, which needed lots of protection.
Finished pieces of pottery sit on shelf in foreground.
Clark Trucking flat bed on the scene while crowd gathers to observe the situation.
Rock Lake Pool in South Charleston, West Virginia was built from an old rock quarry which was in operation in the 1930's. The pool was opened up by the Wilan family in 1942 and it remained in operation until 1985. The pool was surrounded by high natural rock walls, which provided perfect opportunities for high dives and swings. It also included a 50 foot slide, water trampoline, fountain, and trapeze. It closed down due to competing pools in the area which offered cheaper prices.
Rock Lake Pool in South Charleston, West Virginia was built from an old rock quarry which was in operation in the 1930's. The pool was opened up by the Wilan family in 1942 and it remained in operation until 1985. The pool was surrounded by high natural rock walls, which provided perfect opportunities for high dives and swings. It also included a 50 foot slide, water trampoline, fountain, and trapeze. It closed down due to competing pools in the area which offered cheaper prices.
Several airplanes are parked next to circle in the field.
Esso Standard Oil Gasoline Station to the right and Kanawha Cash Grocery Store to the left.
Clark Raymond Morgan: President from Charleston, West Virginia. John Maxwell Ford: Vice-President from Charleston, West Virginia. Benjamin Harrison Ashworth: Orator from Beckley, West Virginia. Graves Hampton Trumbo: Secretary-Treasurer from Charleston, West Virginia.
Kearse Theater was constructed in Charleston, West Virginia in 1921. It was later demolished in 1982.
Billy Joe Lilly pictured running with the ball. The Bobcats, a semi-pro football team, won this game with the final score at Hinton-9, Charleston-6.
Kearse Theater was constructed in Charleston, West Virginia in 1921. It was later demolished in 1982.
Company was formed in 1915 by Ernest C. Klipstein and Sons. They first produced sulfur dyes, tear gas, anthraquinone as well as chlorine, caustic, carbon disulfide, and carbon tetrachloride. During World War II time, the company assisted in producing barium nitrate for incendiaries, hexachloroethane for smoke screens, and catalyst for synthetic rubber.
Company was formed in 1915 by Ernest C. Klipstein and Sons. They first produced sulfur dyes, tear gas, anthraquinone as well as chlorine, caustic, carbon disulfide, and carbon tetrachloride. During World War II time, the company assisted in producing barium nitrate for incendiaries, hexachloroethane for smoke screens, and catalyst for synthetic rubber.
Company was formed in 1915 by Ernest C. Klipstein and Sons. They first produced sulfur dyes, tear gas, anthraquinone as well as chlorine, caustic, carbon disulfide, and carbon tetrachloride. During World War II time, the company assisted in producing barium nitrate for incendiaries, hexachloroethane for smoke screens, and catalyst for synthetic rubber.
Company was formed in 1915 by Ernest C. Klipstein and Sons. They first produced sulfur dyes, tear gas, anthraquinone as well as chlorine, caustic, carbon disulfide, and carbon tetrachloride. During World War II time, the company assisted in producing barium nitrate for incendiaries, hexachloroethane for smoke screens, and catalyst for synthetic rubber.
Company was formed in 1915 by Ernest C. Klipstein and Sons. They first produced sulfur dyes, tear gas, anthraquinone as well as chlorine, caustic, carbon disulfide, and carbon tetrachloride. During World War II time, the company assisted in producing barium nitrate for incendiaries, hexachloroethane for smoke screens, and catalyst for synthetic rubber.
Williams Cabinet Company is located in Charleston, West Virginia. Note the TV stand and sewing machine cabinet.
Ruth Smith Norris (left) and Eula Mae Garten (right) pose in Christmas sweaters with the city in the background.
West spent one summer living with the Gattlieb family, who owned Blossom Dairy and Restaurant, during his time playing for the Charleston Summer League. Blossom Dairy and the Gattlieb family sponsored West's summer team.
Dent was West Virginia University's first graduate, receiving his B.A. degree in 1870.
The church was first organized in 1837. The present church was consecrated in 1901.