Search Constraints

You searched for: Geographic Names Charleston (W. Va.) Remove constraint Geographic Names: Charleston (W. Va.)
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

A large crowd is gathered outside of the state building, likely for an inauguration of some sort.
Street view of the ivy covered building. "The capitol annex sat at the corner of Lee and Hale Streets and housed the offices of the auditor, treasurer, the Supreme Court, the state law library, the adjutant general, and the Department of Archives and History until the new capitol was completed in 1932. The building later housed the Kanawha County Public Library from 1926 to 1966 and Morris Harvey College from 1935 to 1947. The building was demolished in 1967."
A variety of women's shoes are displayed in the windows by the entrance to the shop.
Employees of the Kroger stand behind a stand of fruits and vegetables.
Dresses and winter coats, among other clothing articles, are displayed in the window by the entrance.
A group of men stand outside of the theater where advertisements of the film, "Daughters of the Night" are displayed. Daughters of the Night came out in 1924.
A man operates a Michigan loading shovel behind a building reading, "... Caterpillar Service."
"The Improved Order of Red Men is one of the nation's oldest patriotic fraternal organizations, established in 1834. Their rituals are modeled after those assumed to be used by Native Americans. The organization claimed a membership of about half a million in 1935, but has declined to a little more than 15,000. The Order's female auxiliary is the Degree of Pocahontas, which dates back to the 1880s."
Men in military uniforms and women in nurses uniforms sit on the truck bed of a vehicle sporting the Red Cross logo.
"President Roosevelt as he inspected the armor plant, Sept. 3rd. Left to right:- J. W. Kinnear, Ass't Mgr., of operations of the plant, Carnegie Illinois Steel Corp.; Pres. Roosevelt, Gov. Homer A. Holt, of West Virginia and Senator Matthew Neely, of West Virginia."
"Aeroplane View of Proposed Kanawha State Park and Four-H Fair. Charleston, W. Va. Tell W. Nicolet- Landscape Architect from Pittsburgh, P.A.
"Cartons of butter being loaded onto supply truck as part of revamped food distribution program emphasized by President Kennedy under Executive Order Number 1. Butter will be taken to distribution center and given to needy persons."