Search Constraints

You searched for: Date undated Remove constraint Date: undated
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

The first African-American woman to receive a graduate degree from West Virginia University, and the first African-American to serve as a WVU faculty member.
A postcard of the Hatfield Family Cemetery located in Sarah Ann, West Virginia. Also includes photo of "Devil Anse" Hatfield on his horse Fred.
A postcard of the "Devil Anse" Hatfield cemetery monument.
A postcard of the "Devil Anse" Hatfield Monument between Logan and Williamson West Virginia.
A picture of Rose McCoy, daughter of Randolph McCoy and lover of Johnse Hatfield.
A picture of Devil Anse Hatfield (left far back) Betty Caldwell, Madie, and unidentified individuals sitting in a swing set on a rock cliff.
Marion and Rosa Browning with their son Anse.
Elizabeth "Betty" Hatfield Caldwell (L) with her sister Rosa (R).
Tennyson "Tennis" Hatfield's first son by his wife Charlotte "Lottie" Hunter.
Tennyson "Tennis" Hatfield, Willis Hatfield, and Joe Hatfield.
Joe Hatfield (left) and an unidentified little girl.
Willis Hatfield with one of his son's acquaintances.
Cara Hatfield, the wife of Troy Hatfield.
Elias Hatfield and his mother, Levias "Levicy" Chafin-Hatfield.
Unidentified Hatfield family members.
Willis Hatfield and an unidentified individual.
"Devil Anse" Hatfield and his wife Levisa "Levicy" Chafin.
Individuals identified as Cara, Patty, Lake "Lakie" Maynor, and Alice, alongside some of their children.
A postcard picture of John Caldwell in Elias Hatfield's Saloon. A dog sits on the counter.
(back standing L to R); Rose, Troy, Betty, Elias, Tom Chafin, Joe, Oxer Damron, Shepard, Coleman, Levica Emma, and Bill Borden. (Middle row); Mary Howes, Vicie Simpkins, Devil Anse, Levicy, Nancy, Robert, Elliott, Louise, Cap. (Front row) Tennis, Midge, Willis, Old Yellow.
Levisa "Levicy" Hatfield family member sitting alongside the monument of her husband.
Devil Anse Hatfield Monument in Logan County, West Virginia.
Smith Hatfield (1854-1937).
Postcard of Weston State Hospital.
The Hazlewood Assembly Hall at West Virginia State College.
The statue of Carter G. Woodson was sponsored by the Carter G. Woodson Memorial Foundation and is maintained by the Huntington Housing Authority.
"The Playhouse" at West Virginia State College.
"This One's For You" was a musical produced and performed by the Afro-Appalachian Performance Company.
A postcard of Levi and Catherine Coffin, the builders of the Levi Coffin House.
The Levi Coffin House (1839) was a safe haven for Africans-American slaves fleeing the South in the 1800s.
A portrait of William Johnson, the son in-law of James Johnson.
Portrait of Ida Johnson, daughter in-law of James Johnson.
Copy of depiction of James Johnson. The caption states that Johnson's name while enslaved was "McGathic."
Copy of a painting of Mary Wilson Johnson.
Rafer Johnson won the gold medal in the 1960 Olympics decathlon. He was also the United States team's flag bearer at the opening ceremony in Rome during the summer of 1960.
May 31, 1869 — April 27, 1934
Photo depicts Viola Taylor Foster, Inla May Foster's mother.
Woman indicated in photo is Viola Taylor Foster, Inla May Foster's mother.
Photo includes Jack Hinton, Joe Hinton, Silas Hinton, and Nancy (Hinton) Deeds.
Published by I. Robbins & Son, Pittsburgh, PA.
Built in 1927. First known owner was Stanley Cox. Appears on Sanborn fire map in 1927.
Built in 1915. First known owner was George C. Baker. Appears on Sanborn fire map in 1921 and 1927.
Built in 1908. First known owner was Lucy and John Dougan. Appears on Sanborn fire map 1911, 1921, and 1927.
313 Grand StreetBuilt in 1920, this building was number 307 in the 1914~15 South Park directory. First known owner was Joseph R. Hughart. Appears on Sanborn fire maps 1911,1921,1927.
224 Wilson StreetBuilt in 1908. First owner was Charles Finberg. Appears on Sanborn fire map in 1906,1911,1921,1927.
229 Grand StreetBuilt in 1910. First owner was Madison J. Stathers. Appears on Sanborn fire map in 1911,1921,1927.
447 Park StreetBuilt in 1912. First owner was William Obsorne Parriott-Moore and Parriot Drug Store. Appears on Sanborn fire map in 1911,1921,1927.
104 Jackson StreetBuilt in 1929. First owner was Perry D. Strausbaugh. Appears on the Sanborn fire maps in 1927.
100 Jackson StreetBuilt in 1923. First known owner was Harry E. Knowlton. Appears on Sanborn fire map in 1927.
233 Park StreetBuilt in 1903. Photo from Brown Addition ad. Appears on Sanborn fire map in 1906,1911,1921,1927.
Built in 1981.
Taken from 1906 city directory.
Taken from 1906 city directory.
Built in 1981.
Built in 1981.
Built in 1968. Located on Pleasant Street.
100 Cobun AvenueBuilt in 1956. First identified owner was the First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
236 Cobun AvenueBuilt circa 1906. First identified owner was J. Leonard Smith. Appears on Sanborn fire map in 1906,1911,1921,1927.
109 Wilson AvenueBuilt in 1927.
Taken from Sanborn fire map, year 1927.
238 Franklin StreetThe South Park Greenhouse (Carnation House). Built in 1904. First identified owner was P. Stewart, a florist.
215 Wilson StreetBuilt in approximately 1941. 4 apartments.
230 Maple AvenueBuilt circa 1957. First identified owner was Dr. John H. Trotter.
317 Wilson AvenueBuilt circa 1979. Originally part of estate property owned by John and Clara Eiesland and then inherited by Mary Jo Mitchell, the first purchasers of the lot were Lloyd and E. Marjorie Welden.
142 Jefferson StreetBuilt circa 1977.
203 Jackson StreetBuilt circa 1930. First identified owner was Professor Edward S. Maclin. Appears on Sanborn fire map in 1927.
519 Park StreetBuilt circa 1920. First identified owner was Wilbur J. Kay. Appears on Sanborn fire map in 1921 and 1927.
Taken from Wardway Homes Catalog.
72 Wilson StreetBuilt circa 1923. First identified owner was Allen W. Porterfield. Appears on Sanborn fire map in 1927.
106 Wilson AvenueBuilt circa 1920. First identified owner was Clay Chenoweth. Appears on Sanborn fire map in 1927.
604 Grand StreetBuilt circa 1923. First identified owner was Alvin M. Sowers. Appears on Sanborn fire map in 1927.
213 Grand StreetBuilt circa 1901. First identified owner was Benjamin S. Dering. Appears on Sanborn fire map in 1906,1911,1921,1927.
228 Grand StreetBuilt circa 1903. First identified owner was John B. Wallace. Appears on Sanborn fire map in 1906,1911,1921,1927.
244 Grand StreetBuilt circa 1900. First owner was Charles H. Patterson. Appears on Sanborn fire maps in 1911,1921,1927.
244 Grand StreetBuilt circa 1900. Photo from Brown Addition ad. Appears on Sanborn fire map in 1911,1921,1927.
108 Wilson AveBuilt in 1914. First owner was Seymour E. Treat. Appears on Sanborn fire map in 1927.
108 Wilson AvenueBuilt in 1914. First owner was Seymour E. Treat. Appears on Sanborn fire map in 1927.