Search Constraints

You searched for: Date undated Remove constraint Date: undated Medium digital file Remove constraint Medium: digital file Projects West Virginia History OnView Remove constraint Projects: West Virginia History OnView
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

Portrait of the prominent Morgantown attorney and community leader who served in the state legislature from 1792 to 1804, and 1816 to 1817.  Wilson was also a member of the Board of Trustees for the Monongalia Academy in Morgantown, 1814 unitl his death in 1826.
Front of Goodman Manufacturing Copany Repair and Supply Department.
Two men ride on the engine hauling empty coal cars.
Two men ride on engine hauling loaded coal cars out of mine/
Men with loaded coal cars being hauled out of mine
Man poses on top of engine hauling loaded coal cars.
Text on the front and back reads, "This was an undershot water powered mill. The dam was located near the E. H. Simpson property. The mill was owned by William Matlick at the time it burned. The mill was located at Marquess, W. Va. The small part on the right built between 1825-1830."
A view of Bruceton Mills, showing the town's schoolhouse and churches in the foreground.
Text on back reads, "West Virginia Energy Center, Mt. Storm Power Station, Star Route Box 430, Mt. Storm, WV 26739. The Mount Storm Power Station is located on Mt. Storm Lake in the rugged Allegheny Mountains of north-eastern West Virginia. The 1,200-acre lake, built to serve the power station, also serves as a public recreation center. The station is known as a "mine-mouth" plant and is the largest coal-fired power station owned and operated by Virginia Power."
Text on the back reads, "Stony River Dam and $150,000,000 power plant of the Virginia Electric and Power Company near Mt. Storm, West Virginia. This new 1200 acre lake is located in some of the most rugged country in West Virginia. In the distance is the old Stony River Dam. The highway shown is W. Va. Route 93 which crosses the dam and follows Beaver Creek to Davis, West Virginia. This area is approximately 25 miles from Oakland."
Text on back reads, "VEPCO - One of the largest electric plants of its kind. 14 miles from Davis on Route 93."
Visible along the street is the Baptist Church.
The Civil War fort, Fort Mulligan, sits on top a hill and looks over the South Branch Potomac River.
Text on back reads, "Ty's Motel, Route 4 and 28, 2 miles west of Petersburg. Forest Alkire, owner. Overlooking scenic valley."
The caption reads, "Mike's Gap and the Devil's Saddle. From the front mt. of the Alleghenies. Elv. 2725 ft. This mt. is 5 miles long. Ascend 1600 ft. This is New Creek Mt."
The caption reads, "A view looking east from the front Mt. of the Alleghenies. U. S. 50. 8 miles west of New Creek, W. Va."
Eagle Rocks is located 1/4 mile from Petersburg, W. Va., on Route 28.
Five unidentified miners pose beside a truck loaded with coal.
A group of school children pose outside of the school building with their teachers. Subjects unidentified.
Mr. Ennis, the school teacher, stands outside of the old school building. The photograph was taken in the early 1900's.
Men sit on the side of the locomotive. The Mann's Creek Railroad carried coal from the Babcock Coal and Coke Company in Clifftop, W. Va. to sawmills in Landisburg, Pa.
Photograph from the early 1900's, showing a group of men that are standing on the saloon porch.
Cars are parked along the sidewalk where men and women walk about. The courthouse is visible to the left.
A woman walks by the building entrance, located at the intersection of Court Street and Maple Avenue in Fayetteville.
A crowd of men are pictured outside of the Fayette County National Bank on Maple Avenue.
Exterior of the hospital building.