Search Constraints

You searched for: Date ca. 1971 Remove constraint Date: ca. 1971 Projects West Virginia History OnView Remove constraint Projects: West Virginia History OnView
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

Lima Pacific Coast Shay c/n 3320 BH 1928 in Cass Shops 8/2/1971 cylinders 13 x 16 -36 wheels.  Shay in Cass Shop left hand front 3/4.  Arrived Cass 1971.  Sold:  Mayo Lbr. Co. No. 4. Paldi B.C. 702601928; Lake Logging Co. No. 5 Cowichan Lake B.C. 2-43; Western Forest Industries No. 5, Honeymoon Bay B.C. 12/46; Railway Appliance Research Ltd. No. 144, North Vancouver B.C. 1-64
This house was torn down to make room for two parking lots. It was located on Spruce Street.
Building was originally established as a second prison in 1797 for the Martinsburg area. In 1890 a group of women from Sisters of the Holy Spirit came to the area to bring nursing care to the inmates of the prison. In 1893 the group, known as the King's Daughter's, bought the building and after remodeling, a new hospital was opened on May 15, 1896. In 1914 a training school for nurses was opened in the same building, graduating 44 nurses before closing in 1973. See original for correspondence. Published by Louis Kaufmann & Sons. (From postcard collection legacy system.)