Search Constraints

You searched for: Date ca. 1960 Remove constraint Date: ca. 1960 Medium print Remove constraint Medium: print
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

Apples in baskets.

1. Apples

Five little pigs feeding off of their mother.
Coke ovens lit up at night.
Drawing of a proposed coal facility.
Aerial view of a part of Beckley including the Neville Maytag and Furniture Co.
View of Grafton, West Virginia.  Railroad tracks in foreground. There are bridges - one being demolished, businesses, and houses along the river.
Tables displaying children's art is set up on the Court House Square in Morgantown.
Gregory's Gift Shop located at the corner of Fayette Street and Chestnut Street in Morgantown, W. Va.
Building equipment outside of Drummond Chapel, Morgantown, W. Va.
'Building that was torn down to build the Pleasant St. Parking Lot.'
Cars seen parked along the street on High Street in Morgantown, W. Va. Pedestrians walk the sidewalks.
Traffic traveling down High Street near dusk.
Men seen working on a building on High Street in Morgantown, W. Va. Hanging a sign.
Flower decoration is hanging on the Walnut and High Street's signpost in Morgantown, West Virginia.
Banner hanging at the Reserve Center located on the Mileground in Morgantown, W. Va.
Four people having a conversation at an event. Lydia Lemke stands in between two African-American men.
Cars parked in the O.B. Fawley Music store parking lot.
Two men use a large vacuum device to clear leaves on the streets of Morgantown.
'this was the Monongalia County Hospital in the 1930s.  By 1990s it was a welfare building of some sort.  Building was at the bottom of hill below present university hospital, I think it is gone now.' - William S. Price, Jr., 6/13/2005.
Three Morgantown High School trumpeters. On the left is Jim Foley and on the right is Jim Vanaman.
View of cars in the parking lot on the corner of Spruce and Pleasant St. Morgantown, W. Va. with Hastings Funeral home, formerly Hardigans Hospital.
A man is walking on the sidewalk of Falling Run Road in Morgantown, West Virginia.
Interior view of air traffic control room at the Morgantown Municipal Airport.
Road crew members are working on University Avenue in Morgantown, West Virginia.
Three high school students in a school play, possibly University High School.
Men digging up the sidewalk on Beechurst Avenue between about 3rd and 8th Street.
Cars parked along the 200 Block, on the North Side of West German Street in Shepherdstown.
The castle overlooks the park in Berkeley Springs and is one of the landmarks of the town.
'See the spectacular Cheat River Canyon from the overlook at Coopers Rock State Forest, near Morgantown.
Willie Akers leads the team down the carpet and Jerry West is on the left. The carpet is rolled out before each home game for the WVU team to enter on to the court. This is one of the best traditions in NCAA basketball.
A larger, three tier press box was constructed years after the stadium was built. To stabilize the press box it had to be attached to Woodburn Hall.
Jerry West is fouled by Ralph Brandt in attempting a lay- up against Holy Cross. Number 12 is George Blaney.
Autographed portrait of Clint Spurr, a member of the West Virginia University Board of Governors.  'To Ned with thanks for many years of helpful friendship'.
Agriculture Experiment Station and Oglebay Hall are present in the photo.
Chicken house was an experiment in passive solar technology on the WVU Poultry Farm.  Smith was born in 1900, got his BSA from WVU in 1920 or 1921. He married the daughter of Professor Edgar L. Andrews (Professor of Poultry Science).  Right after graduation he became the superintendent of the Poultry Farm then behind the Mileground Medical Center.  The farm on Chestnut Ridge Road was built in 1944.  He retired from there in 1965.
Exterior view of Wise Library, West Virginia University.
'The noted American sculptor Milton Horn was commissioned in 1954 to create a visual history of the healing arts for the proposed West Virginia University Medical Center. He produced eight panels in high relief, each three by seven feet, depicting important developments and personages in the history of medicine, dentistry, nursing and pharmacy. They are carved in white Georgia marble on each face of four 15-foot pylons at the entrance to the Health Sciences Center. For well over a year, the artist worked under a canvas canopy while his wife read from the Bible. People would come and watch and he would discuss politics, religion, or anything else; all the time, chiseling away and becoming quite a celebrity.'
Martha Neville on the right.
View of the end of Stadium Bridge, corner old Forestry Building on left, Mountainlair in middle.
Buildings pictured are the experiment station, Administration, Martin Hall, and the corner of Science Hall.
Seating for graduating class.
Left to right: Mr. Arkwright; Senator Bean of Moorefield; Delegate Pauley of McDowell County; and WVU President (1959-1961), Elvis Stahr.
Historical marker regarding Mitchell Clay, with Joyce Balding Wood looking on. 'Here Mitchell Clay settled in 1775. Eight years later Indians killed two of his children and captured his son, Ezekiel.  Pursuers killed several of the Indians but the boy was taken into Ohio and burned at the stake.'
Chemistry students at University High School from the class of 1961. The students at the left table are Edwin Riffle and Janet Yaromy, those  at the right table are teacher Michael Caruso, Julius Mogroyos, and an unknown  student; those at the back table are Robert Weaver,an unknown student teacher, James Nicklow, and Julia Frazier.
President Stahr is on the right. Irvin Stewart at left.
A group portrait of students and instructors of the WVU Physics Department.