'The Limestone German Band, Posing at the Old Wetzel County Court House before 1900. John Henry Gorby second from left with clarinet, Charles Thomas Gorby and George Ira Gorby with baritones in front of John Kaufman in light suit. Other identified persons: John Kaufman in light suit in back. Ed Frei seated right on ground. 'Limestone' is the ridge top at the head of Doolin Run about five miles east of New Martinsville. Schools and churches attended by Doolin residents were located on 'Limestone' or the adjacent American Ridge. Charles T. Gorby taught in the Limestone School. William Gorby, grandfather of the Gorby brothers, was among the original members of the Limestone Church. This Wetzel County Courthouse in this photograph faced south. The present one built in 1900 is located on the same lots, but faces east and is made of stone. Photo from the collection of Pearl Frei.'
Shay No. 3 and Crew, Dunlevie, Pocahontas County, W. Va.
Dunlevie is named for Ernest V. Dunlevie, who started the operation in 1905. He sold out in 1906. The mill operated under several names until 1919-1920. The name of the town was changed to Thornwood in 1911/
Cabell House on Main Street, White Sulphur Springs, W. Va.
View of two girls standing on the steps of the Cabell House located on Main Street in White Sulphur Springs. 'The house was once used as a rooming house and small hotel. It was torn down in the late 1960s. Datsun automobile sales lot now on the site.'