Search Constraints

You searched for: Date Undated Remove constraint Date: Undated Geographic Names Charleston (W. Va.) Remove constraint Geographic Names: Charleston (W. Va.)
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

Rock Lake Pool in South Charleston, West Virginia was built from an old rock quarry which was in operation in the 1930's. The pool was opened up by the Wilan family in 1942 and it remained in operation until 1985. The pool was surrounded by high natural rock walls, which provided perfect opportunities for high dives and swings. It also included a 50 foot slide, water trampoline, fountain, and trapeze. It closed down due to competing pools in the area which offered cheaper prices.
Rock Lake Pool in South Charleston, West Virginia was built from an old rock quarry which was in operation in the 1930's. The pool was opened up by the Wilan family in 1942 and it remained in operation until 1985. The pool was surrounded by high natural rock walls, which provided perfect opportunities for high dives and swings. It also included a 50 foot slide, water trampoline, fountain, and trapeze. It closed down due to competing pools in the area which offered cheaper prices.
Several airplanes are parked next to circle in the field.
Esso Standard Oil Gasoline Station to the right and Kanawha Cash Grocery Store to the left.
Company was formed in 1915 by Ernest C. Klipstein and Sons. They first produced sulfur dyes, tear gas, anthraquinone as well as chlorine, caustic, carbon disulfide, and carbon tetrachloride. During World War II time, the company assisted in producing barium nitrate for incendiaries, hexachloroethane for smoke screens, and catalyst for synthetic rubber.
Company was formed in 1915 by Ernest C. Klipstein and Sons. They first produced sulfur dyes, tear gas, anthraquinone as well as chlorine, caustic, carbon disulfide, and carbon tetrachloride. During World War II time, the company assisted in producing barium nitrate for incendiaries, hexachloroethane for smoke screens, and catalyst for synthetic rubber.
Company was formed in 1915 by Ernest C. Klipstein and Sons. They first produced sulfur dyes, tear gas, anthraquinone as well as chlorine, caustic, carbon disulfide, and carbon tetrachloride. During World War II time, the company assisted in producing barium nitrate for incendiaries, hexachloroethane for smoke screens, and catalyst for synthetic rubber.
Company was formed in 1915 by Ernest C. Klipstein and Sons. They first produced sulfur dyes, tear gas, anthraquinone as well as chlorine, caustic, carbon disulfide, and carbon tetrachloride. During World War II time, the company assisted in producing barium nitrate for incendiaries, hexachloroethane for smoke screens, and catalyst for synthetic rubber.
Company was formed in 1915 by Ernest C. Klipstein and Sons. They first produced sulfur dyes, tear gas, anthraquinone as well as chlorine, caustic, carbon disulfide, and carbon tetrachloride. During World War II time, the company assisted in producing barium nitrate for incendiaries, hexachloroethane for smoke screens, and catalyst for synthetic rubber.