Search Constraints

You searched for: Date 1912 Remove constraint Date: 1912 Projects West Virginia History OnView Remove constraint Projects: West Virginia History OnView
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

"Baker House $1.00 per day" on sign.  Cass, W.V.
Front view of Shay No. 11 train engine at the water tank with six crew members in front.
Loggers pose atop a large pile of logs.
Junction of the Anthony's Creek Road and the James River and Kanawha Turnpike 'now route 60' where Averell's force met Patton's brigade in a head on collision. This was the scene of the fiercest fighting; the road in the center was filled with the dead and wounded.  Photo taken about 1912 is from Mac Corkle's 'White Sulphur Springs. See West Virginia Collection Pamphlet 6610 and Boyd Stutler's 'West Virginia in the Civil War.'
Caption on back reads, 'Fire in the ventilation system or fan house of the Gaston Mine, 1912.  This mine was opened by James Otis Watson in 1874. Located at Watson and closed in 1925. It was located in what is now the present boundary of the friendly city of Fairmont.'
State troops are standing behind the stacks of guns and ammunition that they seized during the First Martial Law Proclamation.
'Arms and ammunition surrendered to or captured by state troops immediately after first declaration of martial law on Paint Creek and Cabin Creek, September 2, 1912. See book, page 32, etc. Picture used on page 32 of book by H. B. Lee. Rifles, machine guns, pistols, and ammunition seized by the militia in the strike zone. Boxes on the left contain 225,000 rounds of machine gun ammunition.'
State troops stand behind the huge piles of guns and ammunition that was captured or surrendered during the first martial law proclamation.
Group portrait of the Fairmont Normal School Basketball Team.
Property of G.S. Wallace in Huntington, West Virginia.
Large crowd of people gathered on the sidewalk of High Street, Morgantown, W. Va.
View of the Hardy County Bank and surrounding buildings on Main Street in Moorefield.
View of Hackney's Drug Store at the Northeast corner of Main and Washington Streets occupied this location from 1910 to 1950. This building was built in 1910 by Dr. R. E. L. Hackney of Washington, D. C. who was a Dentist, and made his home in Moorefield from 1910 until his death. He operated a Drug Store and Soda Fountain on the first floor and had his Dental Offices on the second floor front rooms. The back rooms on the second floor were occupied for some years by Club Do-Easy. Dr. Hackney sold out in (date unkown) and Chambers and Williams operated a garage here, building a shop farther back on the lot, which is now the Moose Home. The Loyal Order of Moose bought the property in (date unknown) having rented it for several years from another owner. In (date unknown) they tore down the Drug Store Building. A Bakery was operated in this building at one time by a man by the name or Ours.
Four men are seen in front of the building while a horse grazes nearby. It was Established in 1910.
Group portrait of students and flags at Franklin's First High School, opened in 1912.
A picture postcard of the Farmers and Merchants Bank in Ritchie County, West Virginia.
"Campbell's Creek Coal Company's Steamers 'E.R. Andrews', and 'D.T. Lane, (and their coal harbor,) Point Pleasant, West Virginia, during Ice Run Out."
Buggies with horses are parked outside of the small station.
Group portrait  taken at Keller Presbyterian Church.
'Old Drawing Room, now Electronics Lab.'
Dr. Callahan seated at his desk.