Search Constraints

You searched for: Corporate Names West Virginia University. Library. Remove constraint Corporate Names: West Virginia University. Library. Projects West Virginia History OnView Remove constraint Projects: West Virginia History OnView
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

Currently located in the Milano Reading Room of the Wise Library.
Early library on the third floor of Martin Hall.
Right: Tina M. Parton, Audiovisual Technical Assistant and  Left: Catherine J. Groves, Library Technical Assistant in  Colson Hall.  Trina explains the operation of a 16 mm projector to Catherine.
Man walking through entrance door of Colson Hall.
Two students look at materials in the West Virginia Collection.
Student looking at manuscript materials and man standing in background.
Exterior view of the West Virginia University Library during construction, cost of the building $105,000. The Library was once housed in the building which is currently Stewart Hall.
Formerly administration building, once old library.
Currently Stewart Hall. 'Dohertys Folder, 1901- 1914'
Architects' sketch of library, currently Stewart Hall.
Corner view of library building, currently Stewart Hall.
Currently Stewart Hall.
The library was built in 1902.  After another, larger library was constructed in 1932, this building was subsequently renamed Stewart Hall and houses the West Virginia University administration offices.
A group of women, men, and children, who are likely members of a 4-H group. The group is in front of the library, which is now Stewart Hall.
The tenth level, West Virginia Collections, prior archives.
Books and paper in background. Boxes on the shelves on the left. Table and chairs in the foreground.
From the Dominion News caption, July 29, 1970: 'It may be messy now but West Virginia University Library employees try to ignore the 'ditch' and concentrate on the promised blessings of central air conditioning. Mrs. Lawrence A. Lang plugs away at the typewriter while the chasm in her office awaits installation of equipment.'
Construction begin on the main section of the library in 1930. The tower or floors six through 10 were added in 1950. This photo of the building before the addition of the tower, was possibly taken in the 1940's.
Librarian, R. F. Munn views Civil War era broadsides on a bulletin board in the library.
Reference room librarian Myra Lowe
Photoduplication department worker in process of putting newspaper pages onto microfilm.
Statue was in the Reserve Room of the library.
Exterior view of Wise Library, West Virginia University.
Exterior view of Wise Library, West Virginia University.
View of University Library during band concert.
View of woman working at main desk at library.
Interior view of library.  Behind desk, from left to right- Elizabeth Douglas, circulation assistant; Michele Tannahill, circulation assistant; Virginia Perry, circulation librarian.
View of man walking stairs to main entrance of WVU's library.