Search Constraints

You searched for: Corporate Names West Virginia University. Remove constraint Corporate Names: West Virginia University. Date undated Remove constraint Date: undated Medium print Remove constraint Medium: print
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

Instructor adjusting machine while student listens to recording on headphones.
Possibly Armstrong Hall.
'Former ambassador: Joseph Farland of Morgantown; Paul Miller in background.'
First row - second from left, West Virginia University president Elvis Stahr. Second row - first on left, Governor Cecil Underwood.
Graduates in Field House.
Students entering the Field House for graduation.
Homer Patrick, Instructor.
Three men at the podium.
'WVU Engineering School Scene.'
Students examine a wheel.
Students in engineering laboratory in the Engineering Sciences building.
Graduates heading to Field House also known as Stansbury Hall
Berkeley served as Chairman of the Faculty 1883-1885 .
'Dr. Jay Barton, (right) Chairman of the WVU Biology Department, outlines to TV cameraman John Stone of Morgantown, the 50 minute lecture, he will tape for the Biology I course. As soon as it is completed, Barton will have the opportunity to watch a re-play of the lecture and can, if he chooses, change parts of it.'
Betty Boyd in suit on right.
Drawing of Waitman Barbe by Louise Hennen.
First Department Head, Plant Pathology.
'First Chair, Women's Physical Education Program, before men's and women's combined.  Photo in E. Moore.'
Professor of History at West Virginia University.
Professor of History and Political Science in the State University, at Morgantown, West Virginia., will address the Brotherhood on 'The Problem of World Peace' at the first M. E. Church Sunday, November 5th, At 2:30 P. M.'
Dr. Ambler was a Professor of History at WVU.
Professor Emeritus, West Virginia University History Department.
Professor of English and folklorist.
'John Harrington Cox, 1863-1945; John H. Cox was a teacher of English in his native Illinois and in North Dakota before joining the faculty at West Virginia University in 1902 as an instructor. He held the position of professor of English philology from 1904 until his retirement in 1932. Professor Cox will be remembered for his establishment of the Beowulf Club at the University in 1908 as a means of arousing student interest in old and middle English Literature. The publication of Folk Songs of the South in 1925 was a climax of his achievement in collecting and preserving Folk Literature not only in West Virginia but in the whole Appalachian region. He translated and adapted for childrens use tales of chivalry from Old English, Old French, and Middle High German sources. Among these are Beowulf, A Knight of Artur`s Court, The Song of Roland and Siegfried. Dr. Cox was widely known through his writings in scholarly journals and his work in teachers` institutes in West Virginia and other states.'
C. G. Barbe standing center with hand bag.
Barb's four companions are not identified.
Dr. Dadisman looking at photographs.