Search Constraints

You searched for: Corporate Names National Bank of Summers (Summers County, W. Va.) Remove constraint Corporate Names: National Bank of Summers (Summers County, W. Va.) Projects West Virginia History OnView Remove constraint Projects: West Virginia History OnView
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

The building, located on the corner of Temple Street and 3rd Avenue, was the second home of the bank.
The bank staff pose in front of the building located on 3rd Avenue. Subjects unidentified.
A group of men are pictured outside the building. Subjects unidentified. There appears to be construction underway on the street in front of the bank.
From left to right: Harrison Gwinn (President), J. H. Jordan (Cashier), C. B. Mahon (Vice President), N. Read, Harvey Ewart, Judge Miller, Mr. Drumheller, and Mr. Brightwell.
Children walk beside the troop as they pass Rose's Drug Store and the National Bank of Summers on Temple Street. Subjects unidentified.
Faulconer was the founder of Pipestem State Park and  one of West Virginia's most esteemed historians. A native of Hinton, W. Va., Faulconor's active fundraising eventually led to the building of the Bluestone Center, city hall, a 4-H Camp and city sewage system. His most noted achievement was the creation of Pipestem, acclaimed as one of the 10 best family vacation resorts in the nation. Though Faulconer once owned the Hinton Daily News, he served as a columnist for the Beckley Post-Herald toward the end of his life. He died at the age of 78.A graduate of Hinton High School in 1923, Faulconer spent two years at West Virginia University as a pre-med student before returning to Hinton in 1926 to become the managing editor of Hinton Daily News. He held that position until 1937 when he left to manage Hinton Insurance Agency and pursue other business interests. In 1947, Faulconer and his brother purchased the Hinton Daily News where he served as publisher and editor until 1973 when the newspaper was sold.Faulconer was an active member of the community, serving 17 years as a member of the advisory board of the state Department of Highways, was vice chairman of the board and a director of the National Bank of Summers, and helped organize the Mountaineer Travel Council, Summers County Boys Scout Council, and the City/County Chamber of Commerce. He received countless awards and citations including a special award in 1973 by the West Virginia Department of Commerce for outstanding contributions to the development of tourism in West Virginia.
Spectators line the sidewalks beside the First National Bank of Hinton and National Bank of Summers awaiting the parade procession.  Subjects unidentified.
Standing left to right:  H. G. Humphries, A. H. Lough, A. F. Bush, F. W. Sawyers.  Sitting left to right:  F. L. Boone, W. F. Bush, President E. P. McCreery, R. C. Haynes. (E. Tomkies absent)