Search Constraints

You searched for: Acquisition Source Six, Dean Remove constraint Acquisition Source: Six, Dean Projects West Virginia History OnView Remove constraint Projects: West Virginia History OnView
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

Arthurdale Inn was built from native stone as part of the Federal Home Project.
One of the 40 houses built from native stone in the Federal Home Project in Arthurdale, Preston County, West Virginia.
An unidentified woman is standing on the front step of a one story house, the first completed "Homestead" in Arthurdale, West Virginia
This small,one story house was typical of the first group to be built in the Home Project, Preston County, West Virginia. An unidentified man, wearing a hat and overcoat, is standing in front of the house.
The ground around each Arthurdale home was landscaped as much as possible. Honeysuckles, transplanted from nearby mountain slopes, were in bloom and lawns were being sown.
Furnished living room in the first completed house in Arthurdale, Preston County, West Virginia
Panoramic view of the farmland of Arthurdale in Preston County, West Virginia
Bob McCoy on the left, shaking hands with Joe Hatfield, as the "Last Survivors of the Celebrated Feud" between the Hatfield and McCoy families.
A conductor of the WVU marching band on a stand conducts the band: a composite picture--an image of brass instrument is overlaid.
Cymbalists of WVU marching band perform on the field.
WVU marching band performs in formation on the field.
A cymbalist performs with the band on the field.
WVU marching band performs in formation.
WVU marching band practices on stage.
A view of WVU band in formation from the field.
WVU marching band drum major presents a bouquet of flowers.
The drum major leads the band.
Members of the WVU marching band pose in front of Mountainlair.
Members of the WVU marching band getting on board to the band bus.
Members of the WVU marching band pose along with the band bus.
View of the sanitarium with man standing outside.
'This dam was chartered one hundred years ago. The fifth dam was built on the site 1903-1904 by W. J. Moats. It is soapstone bottom and the water falling over the dam had cut a hole in the bottom which necessitated the curve at your right, the point in the middle is a pier. The stone in the burrhs came from France as ballast in empty ships, was built into burrhs by the Straub Machinery Company at Cincinnati, Ohio, served in the Harrisville Mill, then in the Henry Moats Mill on Addinson Run, now in the Mill at Rusk. They are still good for a hundred years. They were built for wheat but now grind corn and buckwheat. The wheat is ground on rolls. Many fossil fern and spruce branches are found in the soapstone under the mill. The third mill house is also on the site. There is a two mile swimming hole above the dam.'
From left to right: Bill Mutsby, Jay Bayne, Jim Conaway, Harriet Cain Conaway, Mrs. Bayne, and Bell Maulsby, two unknown.
Aerial view of the oil field in Ritchie County.