- Dam and Mill near Cisco, Ritchie County, W. Va.
- ca. 1910
- 'This dam was chartered one hundred years ago. The fifth dam was built on the site 1903-1904 by W. J. Moats. It is soapstone bottom and the water falling over the dam had cut a hole in the bottom which necessitated the curve at your right, the point in the middle is a pier. The stone in the burrhs came from France as ballast in empty ships, was built into burrhs by the Straub Machinery Company at Cincinnati, Ohio, served in the Harrisville Mill, then in the Henry Moats Mill on Addinson Run, now in the Mill at Rusk. They are still good for a hundred years. They were built for wheat but now grind corn and buckwheat. The wheat is ground on rolls. Many fossil fern and spruce branches are found in the soapstone under the mill. The third mill house is also on the site. There is a two mile swimming hole above the dam.'