Search Constraints

You searched for: Topical Subjects Churches. Remove constraint Topical Subjects: Churches.
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

Visible along the street is the Baptist Church.
Located in Borman Church.
Church likely built in 1839.
The "Improved Order of Red Men" are pictured in the forefront of the photograph wearing sashes. The pastor of this church was J. W. Legg.
A view of the church building from across the street.
A view of a church building from across the road.
The church was organized in 1836.  The present church was built in 1875.
The church was organized in 1838.
The church was established in 1823.
The church was established in 1847 as a Missionary Baptist church.
The church was organized in 1852. The present church frame building was built in 1880.
The church was organized in 1835.  The first church was built in 1881. The current church was built in 1913.
The church is located between the towns of Hodgesville and Volga. It was established in 1810.
The church was established sometime between 1853 and 1854 by early pioneers who wanted to avoid hazardous traveling and benefit from a church in their immediate vicinity.
The church was established by the community in 1852.
The church was organized in 1852 when a deed was made for the land.  However, the church was first built in 1843 and dedicated in 1846.  The present church was built in 1951.
The church was established in 1857 by seven people who had immigrated from Virginia.
A group of church m embers are gathered outside of the building which was built in 1880. The organization was established in 1847.
The church was organized in 1858.
The church was established in 1840 as a branch of the Buckhannon Baptist Association until it was dissolved in 1850 and became independent.
The church was established in 1843 by the first settler family, the Tenney family. The church was used by both Methodist Episcopal and Methodist Protestant branches of Methodism.
This organization was established in 1849.
The church was organized between the years of 1863 and 1865.  The church was first a log building, but a frame structure replaced it in 1889. A new building was built in 1954.
The church was established in 1817.
The church was organized in 1862 and dedicated in 1868.  The present church was built in 1938.
The organization was established as a Methodist church in 1816 by a band of pioneer Christians.
The church was established in 1819.
The church was established in 1844 and is located about three miles south of Buckhannon, W. Va.
This Methodist church was organized in 1829.
The organization was established in 1756 and is one of the oldest in its area.
The church was first built in 1857 as a log building. The church moved in 1884 and a new building was built by the community.
The church was organized in 1856.
The Claysville community first started gathering when a church was built in 1802.  In 1857 the Union Baptist Church was built. It later rebuilt in 1887 after a fire.
The church was organized as a part of the Simpson Creek Church in the Bailey Settlement in a circuit of churches in 1837.  A log meeting house was built in 1940.  The present building was built in 1903. The name of the church changed to Bailey Memorial in 1939.
The church was first called Booths Creek and later changed to Middleville.  It was organized in 1825.
The church is thought to have been established in 1852.
The church was established in 1854.
The church was established c.1860 as as Methodist organization.  It additionally served as a schoolhouse until a separate building was established for the church.
This Methodist church was established in 1840.
The church was established in 1849. It has two locations, the other being in Rock Cave, W. Va.
The church was established in 1849. It has two branches, the other being located in Arlington, W. Va.
The church was established in 1811 and the building served as a community "Meeting House" as well as a school.
The church was established in the 1850's when Irish and German settlers came to the town of Grafton to build the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad (B. & O.).
The church was organized in 1855 in what was then known as Fetterman, Virginia. During the church building's construction, services were held in the carpenter shop of the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Company in Grafton.
The church was originally established as the Fetterman Methodist Episcopal Church in 1873 and is the "Mother of Methodism" in the area.
The church was established in 1858.
This church known as the "Mother Church of Mother's Day" and is where the Mother's Day holiday began when Mrs. Ann Reeves Jarvis began an effort to reunite family ties that had been broken during the Civil War. The day of reunification, first called "Mother's Friendship Day", was an organized event in which mother's of the community were brought together. Union and Confederate soldiers and their family members also participated, shaking each other's hands and rekindling friendship.Today, the holiday has grown to be internationally celebrated and recognized. This church currently holds an International Mother's Day shrine.
The exact date of the church's organization is unknown, but it was organized before the Civil War.  The church building is no longer used regularly, but is maintained and used for events and funerals.