Search Constraints

You searched for: Corporate Names West Virginia University. Stewart Hall. Remove constraint Corporate Names: West Virginia University. Stewart Hall.
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

A close-up of the detailed stonework on Stewart Hall.
The installation of U.S.S. West Virginia's mast nears completion at Memorial Plaza on the campus of West Virginia University.  The Mountainlair and Stewart Hall are visible in the background.
The postcard shows the old WVU Library which is now Stewart Hall.  Stewart Hall houses administrative offices.
Unidentified man standing on the steps of Stewart Hall. Built in 1902, Stewart Hall was originally the University library.
Morgantown as seen in part from Westover, about 1910 or so. Visible on the crest of the hill is the old WVU astronomical observatory (built 1900) which was burned in 1919 to celebrate a football victory. In foreground are the old Commencement Hall, (later Reynolds Hall, torn down to make way for the New Mountainlair). Also visible is the Administration Building (Stewart Hall). From an old glass plate negative in the WVU Library.
Front Street is now University Avenue. Stewart Hall on the West Virginia University campus is in the background.
Now University Avenue, In front of library (Stewart Hall.)
Stewart Hall was the Library at that time.
This is written on the back of the photo: 'At far left is part of porch of the old WVU President's home. Also part of the old Commencement Hall (or Reynolds Hall), and in middle is Administration Building. On crest of distant hill is old WVU observatory(built 1900, burned 3 Nov. 1919). This stood at site of present Pi Kappa Alhpa Fraternity on north High Street near Belmont Avenue. On far right in picture is visible steeple of the old Lutheran Church (torn down recently to make way for the new chapel). From old glass place negative in WVU Library. 12 Jan. 1970 '
The library shown in the picture was later the Administration Building and now is called Stewart Hall. Director Walter Mestrezat is in the first row center with a baton in his hand.
The library shown in the picture was later the Administration Building and now is called Stewart Hall. Director Walter Mestrezat is in the center with a baton in his hand.
The library shown in the picture was later the Administration Building and now is called Stewart Hall. Director Walter Mestrezat is in the center with a baton in his hand.
The library shown in the picture was later the Administration Building and now is called Stewart Hall. Director Walter Mestrezat is in the center with a baton in his hand.
In front of Stewart Hall; August 30 to September 3, 1909.
Looking towards WVU campus.
Commencement Hall, Stewart Hall on the left, Purinton House on the right.
Stewart Hall (Library) Tower is visible above the trees.
A view of campus, from left to right Library (present Stewart Hall), Commencement Hall, Agricultural Experiment Station, Martin Hall, Woodburn Hall and Science Hall (present Chitwood Hall) and hills of Westover spread beyond the Monongahela River in the distance.
A corner of Commencement Hall, Administration Building, Chemistry and Law School, possibly taken from Martin Hall.
The front and side view.
The west entrance.
Stewart Hall (library) is in the background.
Left to right: Connie Smith, Bonnie Sieminski, Sharon McConnell, Cindy Zech, and Ann Nau.
A scene from Greek Week events 'Hill Climb' showing members of Fraternity running up the North High Street.  In the background Administration Building, Old Buildings and Grounds and Security headquarters, Chemistry Building and Armory are also shown.
President Irvin Stewart speaks at the dedication of Stewart Hall.
Robert Munn, former Dean of Libraries speaks at the dedication of Stewart Hall; President Stewart on right in the audience.
James Harlow, president of W.V.U. from 1968 to 1978, speaks to Dr. Irvin Stewart at the dedication of Stewart Hall. Dr. Stewart is seated on the right.
Commencement Hall also visible on the left.
A view of Stewart Hall when it was used as library.  Over the central archway 'LIBRARY' is engraved.  A hooded car is parked in front of the building on University Avenue.  The photo is taken across from the street on a fall day.
Looking down onto Commencement Hall. Part of Stewart Hall is visible and the Armory building is in the background.
A portion of Stewart Hall is visible on the right.
Cadets and sponsors assemble in Drill Field on Old Clothes Day; many dressed for an occasion.
Cadets dressed for Old Clothes Day Parade gather in Drill Field
Stewart Hall is on the right.
The units march in Drill Field for a ceremonial assembly.
In the background are a building with 'McCartney' painted on a roof, Stewart Hall and Commencement Hall.
Cadets with sponsors in line facing officials on the Drill Field.  In the background are a building with 'McCartney' painted on a roof, Stewart Hall and Commencement Hall.
Cadets with sponsors in line facing officials on the Drill Field.  In the background are a building with 'McCartney' painted on a roof, Stewart Hall and Commencement Hall.
Commencement Hall is on the left, and the Library, now Stewart Hall, is on the right.
From left to right, First Row at bottom: 1)May Ellison, 2)Laura Craig, 3) Hazel Kelly, 4)Unknown, 5)Annabelle Charleton, 6)Aloise Hensell, 7)Sponsor: Mrs. Collins, 8)Jessie Davis, 9)Pearl Michael, 10)Leola Wotring, 11)Lela Grace Conaway, 12) Jeanette Brown; Second Row: 13)Florenda Manendia, 14)Marion Ott, 15)Loretta Federer, 16)Vernita Anderson, 17)Marie Suitor, 18)Elizabeth Repert, 19)Elizabeth Lawrence, 20)Jessie Schnopp, 21)Agnes MacGrerroan, 22)Miriam Shultz; Third Row: 23)Jeanette MacGreffey, 24)Unknown, 25)Edith Jordan, 26)Medora Mason, 27) Jaunita Hensell, 28)Unknown, 29)Agnes Neidemeyer, 30)Martha Washington, 31)MacGorren, 32)Virginia Thacker, 33)Kate Montgomery; Fourth Row: M. Simpson, 35)Elizabeth Reacy, 36)Mary Eddy, 37)Lucie Trickett, 38)Alice MacGreffey, 39)Wertie Ruale, 40)Erma Belle.
Members of Executive Council take a break on a yard between Stewart Hall and Mountainlair.
Stewart Hall was the library when this picture was taken.
Now Stewart Hall.
Mountainlair under construction dates the photograph to the summer of 1966.
The photograph includes the first Mechanical Hall along the river. It was destroyed by fire in 1899.
'Stadium under construction.'
Buildings pictured are the Law Building, President's Home, and the library.
Buildings pictured are the experiment station, Administration, Martin Hall, and the corner of Science Hall.
Front left: Engineering building II and  behind it is the Physics building.  Back left to right: President's home, Administration, Law School, Chemistry building.
View of WVU from west side.  Main building at left is Woodburn Hall.
Probably taken from Chemistry Annex.
'This is the picture Vic Haines thinks shows where Reynolds Hall was or is torn almost to the ground (evidence the crane) and Mountainlair is being constructed at the same time.  This remains a question.  It looks like most of it is Mountainlair, all the way.  But Mountainlair also isn't that near the sidewalk, so it may be that it is???? The type of cars makes it seem Mountainlair.'
View of Grumbein Island, and left to right: Cafeteria, Health Center, Reynolds Hall, Tower of Administration building, Law School, President's home, Experiment Station.
Left to right- Reynolds Hall, Administration, Law School, President's home
Now known as the Carruth Center.
View of buildings on University Avenue, opposite E. Moore Hall, etc.  Cafeteria building destroyed, Health Center building being moved to where former stood.  Background- Main library, Chemistry, shops, Reynolds, Administration building.
Buildings pictured are Engineering II, Physics, President's Home, Administration, Law School, and Chemistry.
Shops, administration 'behind trees', Reynolds Hall, and Health Center.
'New Library, West Virginia University, In Process of Construction; Cost of Building $105,000'